Big Roosters at the East Cape of Baja and more

Started by TonyFriend, June 23, 2014, 09:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyFriend

Back from a week on the East Cape of Baja. Fishing in general was slow, but we got into a double of big Roosterfish. Pretty exciting to have two big Roosters on at once.

Wife's Roosterfish didn't make it, although we tried three or four times to revive it. So we pulled it back into the boat and measured and weighed it - 51.5" and 52lb. Mine was noticeably bigger. I figure it was over 60lb.

Wife also got a good sized Jack Crevalle. Wow, those guys really punch above their weight. It was pulling like a 50lb Yellowfin.

And on the last day, wife got a 130lb Striped Marlin to the boat. She did great - I'm so proud of her.

All fish caught on Shimano travel rod (rated 10Kg to 15Kg) and Okuma Cedros Lever Drag 10S reels. Reels spooled with 50lb Jerry Brown braid with a 40lb Fluoro wind-on leader.

Dominick

Good report Tony.  You have to go back out, you can't let your wife out fish you.   ::)  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

broadway

A day out at sea, a couple nice roosters, and a happy wife... you're a rockstar!
Good stuff,
Dom

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Cone

Nice roosterfish! Now you need to hook a 50 lb Jack!     Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD