stay tuned!

Started by alantani, June 24, 2014, 01:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

If you all can put up with me for another trip I will start saving now  ;D ;D ;D the 5 day no tag is right up my alley

Big Tim

Quote from: alantani on June 24, 2014, 03:11:25 AM
a coffee can with $150 a month should do it!  just don't buy anymore new tackle.

Does this mean you will actually bring all that gear you left behind?  ;D ;D ;D

Bryan Young

Sounds like so much fun.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Ron Jones

It will kill me if I miss an inshore trip! What a blast.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Big Tim

Quote from: noyb72 on June 24, 2014, 09:57:10 PM
It will kill me if I miss an inshore trip! What a blast.
Ron
;D ;D ;D I agree

alantani

absolutely, yes!  start saving.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Quote from: alantani on June 24, 2014, 08:46:16 PM
just emailed annemarie......

annemarie, i wish to extend my thanks to you, the captains and the crew of the spirit of adventure for a fabulous trip.  the guys all had a great time and everyone seemed happy with the boat and crew.  we worked out the "no tag" format and it should go as smoothly next year.  and the crew seemed pretty happy with the tips.  that was very important to me. 

speaking of next year, do we have an option for a monday through saturday trip again?  i was very happy with those days of the week and that length.  since it is so early in the season, i would like to bill the trip as an "inshore" adventure.  i would like to leave on a monday (day one) and spend tuesday (day two) hopping from one kelp paddy to another, staying just off the coast.  i'd like to get calicos to serve as SEVERAL meals during the week, and i would like the guys to be able to TAG all monster calicos, ling cod, halibut, white sea bass, grouper and yellowtail during day two.  on day three and four, i would like to go for yellowtail at cedros in a "no tag" format as before.  if we end up goofing off in the afternoons, we can return to a tagged format if somebody (like me!) hooks into a huge white sea bass or grouper!  then on friday, i would like to go back to paddy hopping and tagging fish inshore, getting us close enough to san diego that mike can get us back to san diego by 5am on saturday (day six).  of course, if there is a wide open tuna bite, no one in the charter would mind hunting for bluefin!

also for next year, guys are asking about a trip to the rocks.  late august would work for me, september and october do not.  i can't remember, can we get to the rocks on a 7 day, or do we need 8 days?  a 7 day trip on a saturday to saturday would be great.  if we need 8 days, i guess we are looking at saturday to sunday.  of course, for both trips, i know your have other charters that have to be dovetailed in, so whatever days of the week you have available we would be good with.  i know it's early, but i would be very interested in looking at a tentative schedule for 2015.  thanks!  alan

Hello Alan,

thank you for your message. it's great that you all enjoyed the trip and that the no tag format worked out well (the crew enjoyed your group as well!).

i will show mike your suggestion for next year. a group that charters the full boat can design their own itinerary and activities, so there is no problem. it only becomes difficult if two groups share the boat and they have different ideas of the trip.
monday to saturday, june 15-20, 2015 should work. we just have to check with the other charter and will confirm that.

as of now, we don't have any open dates in late august of 2015, only in september. if somebody drops their charter, we will let you know. our schedule does not change very much, so if you look at this year's, that's pretty much what it looks like next summer. we have a couple of groups that go to the rocks on a 7-day, so it can be done.

we would like to post your  picture on our website. how heavy was your sea bass?

thanks for letting me know.

annemarie

the trip that annemarie is referring to is trip #16 for 6 days.   that is not enough time to go to the rocks.   :-\

Norcal Pescador

......  just don't buy anymore new tackle.

Ain't gonna happen. I have to update my arsenal so I'll be liquidating some of my classics. ::)   AND I have to decide between the 5-day and the 8-day. :-\
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Big Tim on June 24, 2014, 09:38:27 PM
a coffee can with $150 a month should do it!  just don't buy anymore new tackle.

Does this mean you will actually bring all that gear you left behind?  ;D ;D ;D

:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

alantani

the june 5 day will likely be inshore.  not unless bluefin show up for the fourth year in a row AND the seiners are late.  the september 6 day will likely be a traditional offshore trip.  there are no 8 day slots available.  also, i've been to alijos three times. two were a bust and one was so-so. when you go to alijos, you put all you eggs in one basket.  if the bite is bad, you come away from an 8 day trip with nothing to show for it.  i'd rather play it safe and skip alijos.   :-\

LTM

PM sent earlier today.

Leo

sundaytrucka

Sorry to hear the 8 day will not be a likely event, but completely understand the reasoning.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

doradoben

alantani

thanks, guys!  yeah, a run to the rocks is an "all or nothing" proposition.  i'm waiting to hear back from annemarie about a early/mid-september slot.

bchen

Good to hear that there might be a late summer trip, even if it isn't to Alijos.  I'm hoping the tuna show up at Cedros.  

Anyway, time to restock my Tady supply.  I think I went through 10.  

...Just read the "Save Alan" thread.  No trip in Sept.