stay tuned!

Started by alantani, June 24, 2014, 01:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

we are on the schedule for next year.  i am not sure if we will have one or two trips.  one for sure will be an early 5-day to cedros.  an 8-day to alijos later in the season is a possibility.  guys that were on the last trip have first crack at the next, then it opens up to the membership.  stay tuned!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

It looks like I have to start working on funding.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

a coffee can with $150 a month should do it!  just don't buy anymore new tackle.

Jonnybravo

MarkT

Quote from: alantani on June 24, 2014, 03:11:25 AM
just don't buy anymore new tackle.

Not going to happen.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

Ron Jones

Are you kidding? I have to replace all my 8 foot rod with 9 foot Ross now. I hope you can put me down for 2 in 2016,A mission says no way she is missing the next one.
Ronald
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

alantani

8 footers are fine, chief.  i'll save a spot for you and the missus!

sundaytrucka

If it happens, and there is room, I plan on attending the 8 day'er!

Yeah!!!!!!!!
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

i'll be on the early one, for sure!  :)

Ron Jones

No way Alan, that 8.5 Super Seeker of yours is hotter than a two dollar pistol. The only thing that could make it better is at least another 6 inches, makes surface iron real fun.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

LTM

Dibs on the 8 day to Alijos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leo

alantani

just emailed annemarie......

annemarie, i wish to extend my thanks to you, the captains and the crew of the spirit of adventure for a fabulous trip.  the guys all had a great time and everyone seemed happy with the boat and crew.  we worked out the "no tag" format and it should go as smoothly next year.  and the crew seemed pretty happy with the tips.  that was very important to me. 

speaking of next year, do we have an option for a monday through saturday trip again?  i was very happy with those days of the week and that length.  since it is so early in the season, i would like to bill the trip as an "inshore" adventure.  i would like to leave on a monday (day one) and spend tuesday (day two) hopping from one kelp paddy to another, staying just off the coast.  i'd like to get calicos to serve as SEVERAL meals during the week, and i would like the guys to be able to TAG all monster calicos, ling cod, halibut, white sea bass, grouper and yellowtail during day two.  on day three and four, i would like to go for yellowtail at cedros in a "no tag" format as before.  if we end up goofing off in the afternoons, we can return to a tagged format if somebody (like me!) hooks into a huge white sea bass or grouper!  then on friday, i would like to go back to paddy hopping and tagging fish inshore, getting us close enough to san diego that mike can get us back to san diego by 5am on saturday (day six).  of course, if there is a wide open tuna bite, no one in the charter would mind hunting for bluefin!

also for next year, guys are asking about a trip to the rocks.  late august would work for me, september and october do not.  i can't remember, can we get to the rocks on a 7 day, or do we need 8 days?  a 7 day trip on a saturday to saturday would be great.  if we need 8 days, i guess we are looking at saturday to sunday.  of course, for both trips, i know your have other charters that have to be dovetailed in, so whatever days of the week you have available we would be good with.  i know it's early, but i would be very interested in looking at a tentative schedule for 2015.  thanks!  alan

LTM

Alan,

For an * day to Alijos, how much fishing time will that equate to?

Leo

alantani

figure 2 days down, 3-4 days fishing and 2 days back.  you might actually get more fishing time with an inshore 5 day!

Keta

Or an inshore 7 day.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain