Cal's Grease: Tan for Larger Reels VS Purple, for Smaller Reels, Colder climate

Started by Mr.Grinta, June 26, 2014, 12:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Grinta

Hi,
wich is, in your opinion the real differnce?
Would you like suggest the purple for Spinning small dreag washer, for example.
Or maybe you consider the Tan the still best?

best regards
leonard
For every sunrise there will be a sunset, for every sunset there will be a sunrise. You have to accept Leonard.

Keta

I tested both by putting reels in the freezer and then checking the drag.  Both broke about the same, tan was a bit stiffer until it warmed from friction.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Mr.Grinta

Quote from: Keta on June 26, 2014, 12:16:46 PM
I tested both by putting reels in the freezer and then checking the drag.  Both broke about the same, tan was a bit stiffer until it warmed from friction.
Hi,
thanks Keta.
This can have a sense, so the purple is indicated for small reel and thereforse smal drag (less friction less heat). Maybe.
many thanks!
leonard
For every sunrise there will be a sunset, for every sunset there will be a sunrise. You have to accept Leonard.

Keta

I use Cal's Lite on my trout and steelhead reels, Curado 200s and Calcutta 50's.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Mr.Grinta

Hi,
I would like to know the opinion of others.
What Alan and other friends think about.
many thanks
leonard

thedw

i use the peanut butter (tan) one on my certate 1003. for 4lb line. smooth and light as.

i ahve not tried the purple one.  But the Tan one is real nice and i see no need to buy the purple one.

try the daiwa SLP 555 drag grease.

its the best. esp for big fish at high temp.