deposits

Started by alantani, June 30, 2014, 02:13:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

i am going to wait until i have dates for september and will then send out emails to the original group to choose between the june "inshore" trip and the september "offshore" trip.  i am thinking of $20 deposits first, then half deposits in november (or as soon as annemarie tells me what the costs will be) and the balance before april 1st for both trips.  we will need to commit by april 1st to keep our spots for both dates.  as is customary for most charters, the original group has first crack at the next years spots.  anyone else that wants to go is put on a standby list and will get moved to the regular list after a month.  that is how long the original group has to decide. 

figured i'd better post this.  i've already gotten a half dozen requests to send deposits.  thank you very much!  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Lensters

You should quit your day job and become a charter operator.  ;D
Lensters is also known as Len and will respond when addressed as either.

Disclaimer: My opinions, are mine and mine alone.  They should not be ascribed to Alan, moderators or anyone else on this site.  However, should you wish to, you may adopt them as your own.

alantani

naw, i'd starve.  what happens with most charters is that the chartermaster goes for free and the guys in the charter pick up his share.  in return, the charter master is supposed to organize everything and get a bunch of goodies and freebies for the group.  didn't have time for any of that, and the freebies are mostly junk anyway. 

for these trips, we all equally pay our own way.  most guys would rather have that and not have to lug all the junk home anyway.   

floating doc

Really, Alan? You're not getting a free trip out of this? That doesn't seem right. I would expect that to be SOP, just like with a tour guide for example. There's a lot of work in setting up these trips.
Central Florida

alantani

nope, i want to keep the cost of the trips down.  besides, with this group the work has been minimal.  everyone sent in checks when asked, i never had to go chasing after anyone.  i couldn't imagine an easier group to work with!

Jonnybravo

Keeping tightly posted!

R46chevy

When can I give you my 20 and get on stand by

Aiala

Esteemed Boss, are these both 5-day excursions? What are the proposed departure dates?

Also, since there was no September voyage this year, will sign-ups for next September's trip be on a "first come-first served" basis?

Many thanks!   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Big Tim

Quote from: Aiala on August 18, 2014, 07:14:05 PM
Esteemed Boss, are these both 5-day excursions? What are the proposed departure dates?

Also, since there was no September voyage this year, will sign-ups for next September's trip be on a "first come-first served" basis?

Many thanks!   :)

~A~

Aiala: I hope you can go on the June trip? Or at least one of the 2...I am putting together a prize of a vintage Jigmaster 505HS and an old Seeker rod to give away as a prize for something??? Maybe an all jigmaster day on the inshore trip? It would be great to meet you... Tim

Norcal Pescador

Quote from: Big Tim on August 19, 2014, 02:16:53 AM

...I am putting together a prize of a vintage Jigmaster 505HS and an old Seeker rod to give away as a prize for something??? Maybe an all jigmaster day on the inshore trip? .... Tim

Hey Tim, I'll bring my 500 and 501 again. Name your poison! ;D ;D
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

Keta

My hand will be better and I should be able to use my older single speed reels.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Aiala

Quote from: Big Tim on August 19, 2014, 02:16:53 AM
Aiala: I hope you can go on the June trip? Or at least one of the 2...I am putting together a prize of a vintage Jigmaster 505HS and an old Seeker rod to give away as a prize for something??? Maybe an all-Jigmaster day on the inshore trip? It would be great to meet you... Tim

Tim, I'd very much enjoy fishing with you and the other fellows, and your all-Jigmaster day sounds great! The idea of an inshore trip appeals to me a lot since I love bottom fishing and don't get a chance to do it on the offshore tuna excursions. (I'd give anything to catch a WSB like the Boss got... only bigger, of course! ;D )

Meantime, June is an unthinkably long way off; nevertheless, it's never too early to start planning, eh? And, it would be nice if there was at least one other gal on the boat. Not that I mind the company of gents; not at all! But still...  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

alantani

no sign ups yet, but, yes, the august trip for next year will be no preference.  guys from this years june trip have first shot at next years.  i want to get the dates set in stone before accepting deposits. 

Big Tim

Obviously the June characters are already chomping at the bit  ;D ;D ;D I will gladly put my 500 with all the goodies into the mix for any kind of challenge. Alan you have created a monster  ;D ;D ;D
Tim

Dominick

Aiala, sign up anyway.  If there are no other woman on the boat Rob will wear a skirt (conjure up a mental picture).   ;D ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.