Just a Thank You

Started by sundancer, July 05, 2014, 11:38:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundancer

Gentlemen and Alan,

I just want to say thank you for this Site and your help when I had some questions.

I spent this past winter picking up, as it turns out (don't tell the wife), quite a few Penn reels off eBay and from a local bait/tackle shop. 

You guys helped me sort out a few and understand the limits of a couple. 

It is interesting that a couple of reels are becoming my favorites.  These are the ones that seem to work the best and look the the worst....   So, unless I drop them into the drink and I have done it twice already with 2 new baitcasters, I will have them to enjoy now and for my grand kids later.

I will be around here soaking up your knowledge.  Please try to keep this Site going.  In this age of 'Walmart-disposable' consumption it is nice to put a hand on something that is 30 years old, still works, and might still shine.

Thanks again
Steve
Virginia Beach
Miles to go.....,

harryk3616

not only will they shine, with a little t l c    they will work for another 30 years.  a nice bath after using them in salt water will help the chrome from getting messed up and some lube here and there periodically will keep those work horses up and running just fine.  welcome aboard and enjoy your stay .   harryk

Dominick

You're welcome, even though I did not help.   ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

sundancer

Miles to go.....,

alantani

Quote from: Dominick on July 05, 2014, 03:25:45 PM
You're welcome, even though I did not help.   ;D Dominick

actually, he does help quite a bit!  personally, i'm just glad to have you all here!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!