June 2014 Florida Trip.

Started by WCFLA, July 06, 2014, 09:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WCFLA

Hey Team,

The first few photos are from some South Florida canals where my brother and I were looking for exotics. I love these canals because there is a huge variety that one can potentially come across!

Here's the first Peacock Bass. We caught a few of them.

This is a Mayan Cichlid that my brother caught.

The first of many Largemouth Bass caught during the trip.

I caught this little rascal too!

This is just my truck with our canoe in it. The following pics are from Tampa.

I caught this Gar outside of Bearss Sandwich Shop while my family was inside finishing lunch.

I caught this little guy with my youngest daughter.

Lastly, a shot of me and one of Tampa's Finests' boats. I believe that it's a Mako. The boat was super impressive in person. The photos don't do it justice.

Regards,
Danny

floating doc

Nice photos! There weren't the numbers of iguanas or peacock bass when I last lived in south florida in the early 80's.

I'm no expert, but it's also possible that the boat could be a Dusky; they use a lot of them too and I think that the very square edged cuddy may be a Dusky design.
Central Florida

WCFLA

Floating Doc,

Thanks! Those iguanas were everywhere. They'd dive into the water as we'd approach them and swim to the opposite side.

Res

Dominick

Danny, thanks for those photos.  I'm on vacation with my granddaughters and I showed them the pictures.  You are their new hero holding an Iguana and those fish.  The iguana really impressed them.  As a matter of fact it even impressed me.  I was under the impression that those suckers bite.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

floating doc

Quote from: Dominick on July 07, 2014, 04:30:13 AM
Danny, thanks for those photos.  I'm on vacation with my granddaughters and I showed them the pictures.  You are their new hero holding an Iguana and those fish.  The iguana really impressed them.  As a matter of fact it even impressed me.  I was under the impression that those suckers bite.  Dominick

Take it from me,  they sure as h... do bite!
Central Florida

spottybastard

Was it all c&r?  Or are you going to tell us how the iguanna tasted?   :o

Newell Nut

That was certainly a nice looking trip. Thanks for the pics. Our snapper season starts Friday and I warmed up by catching 4 of them Saturday for practice. A lot of them were caught around the boat.

WCFLA

Catch and release. I keep saltwater fish from time to time, but mostly practice catch and release.

Regards,
Danny

Keta

Did you keep and eat the iguana?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

floating doc

Quote from: Keta on July 08, 2014, 01:02:45 AM
Did you keep and eat the iguana?

;D That's how I interpreted the question!  ;D

So, did ya? Huh? Did ya?
Central Florida

WCFLA

The iguana tasted kind of like chicken. Just kidding lol! I let her go right where I caught her. I do have a recipe for iguana stew, oddly enough. Has anyone here ever tried iguana?

Regards,
Danny

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

WCFLA

Keta,
I will have to try iguana now. I will post the recipe for you when I get some time and find it.

Regards,
Danny

HOLEINTHEWATER

THANKS LOOKS LIKE A GREAT TRIP.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!