Always a first time...

Started by Islandgypsy, July 07, 2014, 09:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Islandgypsy

First time I've posted on an Internet forum..hope I pushed the right buttons. Wanted to say thanks to Alan, the moderators, and all you members who share your skill and expertise so freely. Have learned so much by reading back posts the last several months , hope I can pay it forward at some point. Now if I can only figure out the photo posting thing.....

redsetta

Welcome aboard IG!
Re: posting photos, Dominick's here to help  ;)
Let us know if you run into any difficulties.
All the best, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Shark Hunter

Welcome! Gypsy!
Come on in! The water is fine. ;)
Life is Good!

foakes

Welcome, island gypsy --

You will find more useful information on this site, than you can possibly imagine.

Yes, learn how to post pics so we can see what you are talking about when you post.

I personally use photobucket -- it is free and easy to post photos with.

Enjoy your journey...

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Dominick

Quote from: Islandgypsy on July 07, 2014, 10:55:51 PM
Thanks Justin, think that will help. Was born long before Al Gore invented the Internet, but was too busy fishing I guess  :)
Island Gypsy Welcome.  Don't believe the Al Gore thing.  All the government did was pass some laws and some funding to keep the internet free and open.  That was during the Clinton/Gore era.  Free and open is slowly disappearing.  It is Alan's wish that we keep politics out of the site, but I could not leave the comment about Al Gore without setting the record straight.  Al Gore made millions off of the internet.  He did not invent anything.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Islandgypsy on July 07, 2014, 11:42:00 PM
I apologize ..was meant tongue- in- cheek. Lesson learned.
IslandGypsy, if you want to show tongue in cheek just throw in one of the emoticons.  Leave your cursor where you want the emoticon to appear and click on the one you want to use like a wink  ;) or roll your eyes  ::) or whatever.  The written word needs stuff like this because we communicate with our whole bodies. Now watch all the comments about my body and pleading to keep a shirt on.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to the "neighborhood"...

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

gstours

Welcome to the club!   We all learn here.  some of us have an addition to reels, others just mild interest of the unknown.  May your stay be as smooth as the sea!...gst.