Another pawn shop Senator

Started by floating doc, July 08, 2014, 03:06:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

floating doc

I found a 115L last fall for $20. It didn't fit the half frame that I wanted to use, but otherwise was a good find. When I opened it up I found steel gears and a stainless sleeve. I got a newer reel for the half frame project and now I have to decide whether I "need" three 9/0 reels (I already had a 900H).

Today I checked another local pawnbroker. Most of the shops here concentrate on guns and tools, so I figured I would ask.

They took me to a storeroom, and I found a 114H sitting on the floor with a cracked right side plate, and corroded cross bars and rings (one of which was also cracked). I figure, why not? It's fun opening them up, right? They took my $20 offer, and guess what? Another set of steel gears! This is like Christmas! :D

I'll have to decide what I'm going to do with it; I don't have any logical reason to own another 6/0 (already have a 600H). The bronze spool has minimal pitting, and the internals were heavily greased and look good.

Anyone have a maroon right side plate?
Central Florida

basto

I know how you feel. I looked on the net this morning and saw a 6/0 with full metal Penn frame on a very nice game rod for $190.
I rekon he would take $100 for the reel, but I don`t need another 6/0.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n