KUDOS FOR MYSTICPARTS.COM

Started by Dominick, August 06, 2010, 07:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

:) I made a mistake when I ordered some drags from Scotts.  The site said 5 drags were needed so i ordered 2 thinking I was getting 2 sets of 5.  Much to my chagrin only 2 drag washers were shipped.  When I realized my mistake I ordered 8 more drags.  In the message panel I owned up to my mistake and asked if they would consider waiving the handling charge to ship me the additional drags.  The 8 drag washers came and in the package was a small plastic bag with $3.00 in cash.  Now that is great company with outstanding customer service.  Dominick

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Norcal Pescador

MysticParts.com (Scott and Mo) is one of my favorite vendors.  The "five required" would be the stock configuration, but often I order other than a standard amount in order to hot rod a reel or just to have some extra parts, like screws or springs [BOING!! Where did that itty-bitty spring go? :(].
Also, Mo advises that any part in question is exactly how it shows in the photo on their web site. Example - if a sideplate photo shows all of the clicker parts attached, then you don't have to order the clicker parts in addition to the sideplate.

Cheers!
Rob

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

slip tip

Yes, Scott runs a first rate operation and is also very helpful on the phone.
He loves Allan!...... ;D

Regards,
David
If you kill it, grill it!

Dominick

We all love Alan.
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

mackereljoe

Can never order enough drag washers.  I made that same mistake twice and now think twice of ordering small amount.  Next one is going to be big, but not even close to alan tani's drag washer collection big.  Talked to him a few times and he really takes the time to explain stuff.  Top dealer for sure!

tortugo

If only they would open up a store on the west coast, then they would be a 5 instead of a 4.99. Great staff and always very helpful.
Tortugo

slgriffiths

And they work very well for strange orders internationally too - I'm in Japan - is it a problem for them?  No!  They work like clockwork - nothing but the highest praise for them.  
Simon.

fishcrazed

Mysticparts.com are the best!  I live about an hour away from them... They really know what they are talking about.  i have brought in reels and they just look at it and start to go to work.  They even give recomendations on what else you might need.

Being an amatuer reel repair guy I love that place!

Alto Mare

I'm one of their regular costumers also. If they're out of a part they (Mo) will notify you when it comes in. Great people and great service. They do love Alan, me too. Don't get the wrong idea Alan, I'm happily married with kids. ;D ;D ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

bmoody

I miss the days of the first class stamp shipping charges, when all you needed was something that would fit in a regular envelope.  I don't blame them, but it did push me to find a local supplier, because I buy my parts as needed.  Since I only own 2 penns, a #9 and a 113H, that don't get used every trip, my need for parts isn't that great.  Local (i.e. no shipping) saves me a bunch.

Never the less, my part dealings with them were top notch.