12/0 and Calstar Boomer!

Started by Shark Hunter, July 09, 2014, 05:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

I know a fella that makes some pretty sick Shark Rods. One of his came up for sale recently, and I couldn't live without it! :P He has his own website now. Berserker Rods. This is a Calstar 60 to 130 with an aftco 4m reel seat that will fit all the big Senators. The seller would only sell it with the 12/0.

Life is Good!

sundaytrucka

Nice pick up Senator S.H.

I am a huge fan of green on rods, just pops. Really like the work just above the reel seat, I have not seen one set up like that before. I am a Calstar fan...nice rod, will serve you well.

Never been sharking before, but if you ever take a shark adventure on the Southern West Coast feel free to invite me. ;D

-Scott
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

redsetta

Life is good indeed ;) ;D
Nice post mate.
Cheers, Justin
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

Aiala

Wow, what an eye-catching set-up! And who couldn't use another 12/0? Nice score, Mr. S.

When's your next shark adventure?  8)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

The last week of September. When the moon is Full! ;)
This 12/0 comes with 600 yards of brand New JB Hollow, I just need to splice some 130lb mono to it! I will feel a lot more confident with the extra capacity! The reel seat is big enough for the 16/0! :o
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Aiala

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 09, 2014, 04:20:05 PM
Aiala, stop encouraging him or I might have to go over and build him an extra room... ::) ;D. I don't have the time right now, well if he makes me those nice crab legs, I might consider. ;D

Sal, I rather doubt Daron needs any extra encouragement... 

Meantime, I am in constant awe of Mrs. Shark, who has to be the most tolerant and understanding spouse in America!   :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Shark Hunter

I already have a 16/0. ;) Yes, only one.
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 09, 2014, 06:05:40 PM
I already have a 16/0. ;) Yes, only one.

One?  You really cannot just own one...I've learned that you need at least 3 of each reel that you fish with.

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Newell Nut

A true reel head would have at least 5 backups.

I went sharking Saturday and did not want to. Thought I hooked a huge grouper but turned out to be an 8 foot lemon on the party boat. I made 4 trips from one corner of the stern to the other before finally getting it to the top where we cut it loose.

Shark Hunter

I do have 5 backups, there just of the 14/0 Flavor. ;)
I got the Berserker today, and she is Beautiful! :P Check out this Marbling!

The original owner of this rod wanted it to match the Green and yellow marble of his Senator Handle.
It is a work of art, now I need to figure out how to make one of Alan's Handles to match it!
The reel seat on this is gigantic! 34mm, It will have no problem mating to a Big Everol or Senator.
I really like the paracord grip. It allows the Blank to go into the Handle which will make it much stronger than a detachable butt version. I gave $500 for this rod with the 12/0 and 600 yards of brand new 200lb JB hollow on it. Best Money I ever spent! ;) My Man Alex of Berserker rods is a Genius! ;D
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

That's a beautiful rod there Daron.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.