Ordered a Dremel Tool

Started by gatrapper, July 09, 2014, 12:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatrapper

Ordered this Dremel Tool kit. Any other accessories I should purchase that would help to have when working on reels?

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/tools/pages/ToolDetail.aspx?pid=4000-6%2F50#.U706Fm29KK0

fsrmn

You might want to pick up a few more polishing wheels. I tend to go through those pretty fast. They seem to not stick on the shaft too well after a few polishings.
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

harryk3616

i go on ebay and order 3/4in. stainless steel wire brushes ( wheels )  usually there are approx. 10 in a pack and free shipping.   i use them constantly cleaning corroded parts, crossbars, jacks, yokes everything and even polish metal drag washer washers.

johndtuttle

Newell Nut

You will love the flex shaft. My most used tool in the garage.

Shark Hunter

That looks like a pretty nice set trapper.
I like this accessory kit. It has about everything you need.

I also have this case, which is nice to hold accessories and all your extra attachments. I don't know if your set comes with it or not.
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: gatrapper on July 09, 2014, 12:49:07 PM
Ordered this Dremel Tool kit. Any other accessories I should purchase that would help to have when working on reels?

Absolutely order a good pair of safety goggles.  Stuff goes flying using a Dremel type tool.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

harryk3616

best advice dominick,  a must !

Shark Hunter

These make it easy carving plates out for double dogs. I always wear safety glasses. ;)
http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=115
Life is Good!

kmstorm64

I have never found one for a dremel but I use them all the time for projects and that is the rolo loc  scotch brite pads.  You can do a lto with those, from polishing up rusted lures, parts, grinding down a washer if needed.  they are really useful for a lot of things.
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

fsrmn

The 520 polishing wheel is similar to a scotchbrite pad and has a silicon carbide abrasive and lubricant built in.
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

gatrapper

Ordered new safety goggles and all the tips that were recommended. Anyone else have anything to add?

MFB

Buffing soap for felt wheels, and if you're really keen a flexible shaft.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

johnachak

It seems it only comes with a few bristle / plastic brushes. I would recommend you get a few metal wire brushes. They make them where they pretty much face forward and are pretty narrow. I seem to get a lot / of use from those. Enjoy, it's a nice set. You will wonder how you got along without it.

Wintu

Mc Master Carr and also MSC (Manhattan Supply Company ) have brushes ,Cratex and Scoth Brite plus 500,000 more items.