JULY 4TH TRIP WITH SOPHIE AND OLIVIA

Started by Dominick, July 10, 2014, 01:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

I wish I could have posted some fish pictures but the day we decided to fish Donner Lake, Truckee, California it was windy and there was a lot of wave riders and jet skiers churning up the water.  We had fun though.
Here are some pictures.  These automatic cameras wash out a lot of the view when shot from the shade.  It is quite beautiful in the high Sierras.  Dominick

We decided that the fish were not biting and the river raft was too tricky for the kids to handle in the rough water we decided to take the raft to the river. 

When we got to the river we met some friends that had already run the river and they put the kids on their raft for a little run attached to a rope.

The kids loved it.
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

CUTE little lady anglers, bless their hearts... 

You go, girls!  :D

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Dominick

Aiala:  Thanks for the kind words.  While I was posting this I noticed that I have been on this site for 40 days 27 minutes.  I promise I will get a life.   :D Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Keta

Looks like fun.  I was impressed with them, they are good kids.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Looks like they are having fun with Grandpa! ;)
Life is Good!

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on July 10, 2014, 02:22:59 PM
I promise I will get a life. :D

Why, Dom? What would you do with one, besides fish??

Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!   ;D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Islandgypsy

wallacewt

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on July 11, 2014, 01:37:45 AM
dom, the life jackets ???
We were in a swimming hole.  Sophie is a master swimmer.  She swam with the YMCA swim team.  Also I along with several people were right there.  We use the life jackets when we run the (light) rapids.  I got you though.  Thanks for your concern.  Dominick

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Alto Mare

You're a good Nonno Dominick ;), I didn't get to meet mine, I'm the baby of seven :(.
All pics look good, but that third one is really nice; look like they're really serious about catching something.
You need to start the beautiful young ladies on Penn though ::).
Very nice.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Bryan Young

Cute...You'd better watch out for my son...he's a ladies man just like his father and grandfather, and probably his great grandfather (he died when I was 2 years old so I couldn't positively tell you).   ;D
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D