'Chovies... by the MILLIONS!

Started by Aiala, July 10, 2014, 02:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aiala

I hope this bodes well for my trip next week...   8)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Dominick

Aiala:  I was going to post that video but you beat me to it.  It is a great video.  Thanks for posting.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

That is so good for our fisheries.  Where's there's bait, theres the fish we love to catch and eat.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Keta

Is the water unusually cool this year?  Where are the sardines?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Aiala

Quote from: Keta on July 10, 2014, 02:33:39 PM
Is the water unusually cool this year? Where are the sardines?

From what I'm reading on the LR reports, the water is actually rather warm. But at least the bait receivers have some 'dines... so far.   :)

~A~

ChileRelleno

Great video!
We've seen some pretty huge schools of Scaled Sardines & Threafins here in our part of the Gulf this year.

I'm digging on the sharks cruising the school, love watching the moving holes.
Now, if one of the snorkelers was to get bit by accident, we'd be hearing about the horrible shark attack, increase in shark attacks an how man is causing the increase in shark attacks.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

I was thinking the same thing John when I watched that Video. I don't think its a good idea to swim into a bait ball.
This might be on the other side! :o
Life is Good!

jonnou

nice smile Shark hunter. I love these creatures but they instill fear in most.

ChileRelleno

That is one of my favorite Mako pics, I love their toothy grins  ;D
Needs to be bigger for max effect though.

ETA: I posted the wrong pic initially, oops.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Aiala

What an unbelievably FIERCE photo! It is now my desktop background...   8)

~A~

Tightlines667

Several years back, I had the previllage of talking at length with Jacque Cousteu's long time friend and designated 'shark diver'.  He recounted many war stories, and the majority of his many scars could be attributed to filming shark feeding behavior in bait balls, or filming the clearly aggressive posturing exhibited by many species.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.