Coos Bay Albacore

Started by Keta, July 14, 2014, 02:41:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Just got back from the coast, 31 albacore 30 miles west of Charleston Harbor.  All of the fish were caught in a 1/2 mile area and 25 of them caught between 06:30 and 10:00.  36 boats 9 miles north of us but we were the only boat in our area.  The ocean was a bit choppy going out and for a few hours in the morning but flattened out mid morning.  Cleaned fish and the boat this morning then the long drive home.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Tunacious

Congrats! You out guessed the fleet!

How big were the albas? Bait? Jigs?

Keta

Every boat got fish so it was a good day.  The fish were all small, 12#-15" with one 20# and one 25# fish.  One fish on a cedar plug, one on a jig and the rest on diving plugs.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

congratulations!  looks like they hopscotched us again.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bryan Young

Oh yum...darn I was hoping to go out and catch some albacore for the very first time in my life.

I think it would be similar to catching aku (skip jack tuna) or shibi (baby ahi) in Hawaii.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

gstours

Hey Lee; glad you are up and running!  I remember those albis swinging into oregon shores in late summer, never went,  was too spotty for my taste back when gas was cheap.......now wished I did.  Fresh is better,   good luck, out there.    gst.

Dominick

Quote from: Keta on July 14, 2014, 02:41:29 AM
Just got back from the coast, 31 albacore 30 miles west of Charleston Harbor.  All of the fish were caught in a 1/2 mile area and 25 of them caught between 06:30 and 10:00.  36 boats 9 miles north of us but we were the only boat in our area.  The ocean was a bit choppy going out and for a few hours in the morning but flattened out mid morning.  Cleaned fish and the boat this morning then the long drive home.
Pictures, pictures pictures.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.