penn 99 right side plate

Started by txangler81, July 14, 2014, 05:35:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txangler81

anyone know where I can find a decent right side plate for a 99. found one on ebay but it has initials scribed in it that's if I can get it apart lol

alantani

good luck!  they will be nearly inpossible to find.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Marcq

Quote from: txangler81 on July 14, 2014, 05:35:49 AM
anyone know where I can find a decent right side plate for a 99. found one on ebay but it has initials scribed in it that's if I can get it apart lol

Check ebay again, there's one from Florida that looks decent

Marc..

txangler81

yeah that's the one that has initials in it

Keta

The best way to get a hard to find side plate is to buy the entire reel.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Marcq

Quote from: Keta on July 15, 2014, 04:55:38 AM
The best way to get a hard to find side plate is to but the entire reel.

I agree and you get other parts

Marc..

Alto Mare

If you're going to fish that reel, slap a 500 or 500S plate on it and you'll have a much better reel...just a thought :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Panama

Yep.  The 500 sideplate would fit nicely and (if am not mistaken) the drags are bigger than the 99.  BTW I found this ad on CL. Am sure they would prob take less.  Pasadena is right down the street from me....Let me know if I can help.
Anthony
Get on the water, Man!!!

Ron Jones

I know I am wrong, because Sal is always right, but I don't think the 500S right side plate will bolt up to the 99 frame. The 99 has one too many holes.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Alto Mare

Quote from: noyb72 on July 16, 2014, 12:07:28 AM
I know I am wrong, because Sal is always right, but I don't think the 500S right side plate will bolt up to the 99 frame. The 99 has one too many holes.
Ron
You are correct Ron, the 99 stand has (3) holes and won't work. Well, we could make it work ;D.

txangler81 , forget about the 500S, it won't work, but the 500 will.

Thanks Ron ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

txangler81

thanks guys for all the info not sure what I want to do with it just yet Kind of leaning towards keeping it original other than an aluminum spool if nothing else than to be able to say I fish with a 99 still weighing it out though Ive got to open it up and check the internals yet

intili

I have a complete right side for this reel email me  intili@ptd.net

Tom McKinney

I have one. Clean.  Looks great.  Pm me if interested