alutecnos 50w 2s

Started by peppux, July 14, 2014, 08:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peppux

Hi, I am Giuseppe from Palermo. I'm writing this message because i like very much fishing from my boat.I want to ask you some informations... I usually fish bluefin tuna up to 180 kg using avet reels (one exw 50/2 and two hxw 5/2 raptor) with rods with a calstar blank; some days ago i bought a calstar rod 50/80 with winthrop rollers and now i want to buy an alutecnos reel 50 wide two speed, but there is a problem: its max drag is 33 lbs with the spool full of nylon and i want use a 80 lbs nylon. So i contacted alutecnos and they told me that it's possible to apply the modify called "free spool" to emproove the drag. Do you know this modify? How many lbs can I earn?
Excuse me for my english and thank you for the attention
Giuseppe

Dominick

Giuseppe:  No problem.  Just load up the reel with 80lb nylon as you planned.  Set the drag for 1/3 of the 80lbs or 26lbs at strike and you are good to fish big tuna.  When you are trolling push the lever to just below strike so that the fish is able to take some line.  Push the lever to strike and set the hook.  The drag will increase on its own when some line comes off the reel.  26lbs is a lot of drag.  If you want more drag at some point push the lever past strike.  If that is not clear or you do not understand some part of this post I'll ask Sal to interpret it.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.