Sealine 600H sleeve?

Started by floating doc, July 15, 2014, 01:00:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

floating doc

I've rounded off the sleeve on my 600H, and need to replace it. When I look at the schematic, it appears that the plate, post and sleeve are all one part (number 25: set plate). Is that correct?

Here's the link to the schematic:

http://www.daiwa.com/Documents/PartsDiagram/600H.pdf
Central Florida

leo_gearhead

I think so doc, I had to replace one on my 600, and on my 400 both came with bridge plate. Diawa parts was great to deal with.

floating doc

Quote from: leo_gearhead on July 15, 2014, 02:18:07 AM
I think so doc, I had to replace one on my 600, and on my 400 both came with bridge plate. Diawa parts was great to deal with.

Thanks, I'll call them tomorrow.
Central Florida

Shark Hunter

Doc,
Did it take a lot of force to round that sleeve off? Just Curious, I have a 600H.
Life is Good!

floating doc

Quote from: Shark Hunter on July 15, 2014, 03:58:17 AM
Doc,
Did it take a lot of force to round that sleeve off? Just Curious, I have a 600H.

Yeah, quite a lot. I was catching sharks that were in the 20-50 pound range, with the drag locked down. I've read a comment of Alan's that he rarely sees the sleeves damaged on these reels. He speculated that Daiwa uses a harder alloy than Penn.

I should clarify this: the reel still works. I just noticed that there was a wobble in the handle, so when I got home I took the handle off and checked to see if it would fit tightly on the sleeve. It was a bit loose, so there was definitely damage. I could probably still fish with the reel this weekend, but I prefer to repair it before using it again. I bought a 114H tonight, a tiburon frame, and already have steel gears and a stainless sleeve.

The Sealine's a great reel, and I still have confidence in it. I just shouldn't have tried to fish it with the amount of drag I had on it. It was likely at least 30 pounds.
Central Florida

floating doc

Update on my 600H: I didn't get my 114H tank finished in time to use it today so I took the 600H again. I was careful to set the drag and not just blindly screw it down (something I've never done before). Despite the damaged sleeve,I was able to get a 200 lb nurse shark to the boat.

That fish had the mate convinced that I had a 50 lb grouper when I was trying to pry it off the reef.
Central Florida