Another ambassadeur lover

Started by Pldouglas, July 18, 2014, 09:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pldouglas

Hi all,

New user here, I appreciate this site a whole lot in the little time so far I've spent on it.  Great info.  I became a fisherman with an ambassadeur in my hand working and fishing on sport boats years ago as a young man.  With a renewed interest in these reels (not in small part spurred on by this site) I'm looking forward to using my new 5500 along with doing some rebuilding and servicing on my older ones.  I'm particularly interested in fine tuning these guys for maximum distance in casting, for the type of fishing I love the most.

Thanks again for all the great content.  I'm sure I'll have some questions coming for the masters out there.

Paul

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

foakes

Welcome, Paul --

ABU has a rich history -- and like most manufacturers over the long haul, they have had their strong points and weak issues -- but overall, it would be tough to find a more reliable and utterly simple reel made with quality components.

Enjoy your stay...

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Bill B

Welcome from the Sacramento Delta
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

welcome to the "neighborhood"...

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono