Aloha from Norway

Started by jonkanon, July 19, 2014, 11:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonkanon

Aloha!

Figuring i should make a post here after a long period of lurking the forum and being on and off fishing in general. i was pointed here when i was looking for some tutorials for my TLD 15 and i discovered this wonderfully rich and friendly forum that just seems to have grown alot over the years.

Now i primarily fish in the sea in the southern parts of Norway so  i dont get the megasize cods and halibuts the north is so famous for, but we have a lot more different species, that i enjoy the challenge of getting as many different kinds of fish, and catching my target species after unlocking the code gives me great satisfaction.

Last year i got a new family in Hawaii when my brother married a local girl and we got to share the island culture and spirit, and wow the island fever almost got me :)

But we were really unlucky with our fishing endeavours, over 20 hours on the boats outside Kona and not one strike. The last day i got the chance to join on a small trip with a small boat and we managed to land a 15lb ono, but having to catch the plane prevented me from tasting my delicious hard earned catch. But one day i´ll be back and get my revenge, and hopefully before they are all dead and gone :(

Mahalo

alantani

welcome.  quite a few guys from the islands on this board.  you'll feel right at home!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Mahalo hallo, aloha velkommen.  How about that, Hawaiian and Norwegian sound the same.   :D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

harryk3616

welcome   jonkanon          enjoy your stay, alot of help offered here

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

MuskyFishing

A diver sees a man at 20 feet without SCUBA gear and watches him going down. 40...50..60...100...150...200  At 300 feet he catches up with the man, grabs his board and writes: "This is Amazing! How can you dive so far without breathing?" The man quickly takes the board and marker from him and writes: "I'M DROWNING YOU IDIOT!!!"

Bryan Young

E komo mai Jon. 

Glad you found us.  20 hours on a boat and no strike can be a very long blue water sightseeing trip.  Many of those charters target much bigger game, but I enjoy going after ono as well...they hang right at the ledge so you don't have go go far to get tasty fish.

Always wanted to visit Norway...maybe next time I'm in Europe...
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

ossipeter

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

jonkanon

Thanks for the warm welcome guys!

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

kmstorm64

Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!