Daiwa Millionaire 4HM

Started by beacherman, July 20, 2014, 02:08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beacherman

I'm a new member and new to reel repair. I recently tuned up my old Daiwa 50H using Alan's tutorial. Alan set me up with marine grease Corrosion X, tsi oils, drag grease, etc. It was pretty easy using the tutorial. Next, I tore apart my Quantum Cabo and Shimano Stradic. Cleaned, oiled the bearings, greased the gears, and re-greased the drag washers with Cals drag grease. Everything went great, the reels are smooth. Then I bragged to my buddy about being an expert reel guy. And sure enough he gave me his Daiwa Millionaire 4HM to fix...I had to open my big mouth. Looks like it doesn't free-spool but about 4 or 5 turns. I have the schematic and looked for a tutorial. Didn't find a tutorial. I feel OK, taking the reel apart, but a tutorial would give me more confidence. I saw that there's a tutorial on Millionaire,
but it's a different model. Any help would be appreciated.

Number One Rule; "Fish Where There are Fish"

jaypeegee

Quote from: beacherman on July 20, 2014, 02:08:42 AM
I'm a new member and new to reel repair. I recently tuned up my old Daiwa 50H using Alan's tutorial. Alan set me up with marine grease Corrosion X, tsi oils, drag grease, etc. It was pretty easy using the tutorial. Next, I tore apart my Quantum Cabo and Shimano Stradic. Cleaned, oiled the bearings, greased the gears, and re-greased the drag washers with Cals drag grease. Everything went great, the reels are smooth. Then I bragged to my buddy about being an expert reel guy. And sure enough he gave me his Daiwa Millionaire 4HM to fix...I had to open my big mouth. Looks like it doesn't free-spool but about 4 or 5 turns. I have the schematic and looked for a tutorial. Didn't find a tutorial. I feel OK, taking the reel apart, but a tutorial would give me more confidence. I saw that there's a tutorial on Millionaire,
but it's a different model. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi

I have the 7ht which is similar when looking at the schematics for yours.

You can try this tutorial and see if that inspires confidence

http://www.wirralseafishing.co.uk/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=17970

beacherman

jatpeegee,
Thanks! I'll take a look at it and get back to you.

beacherman

jaypeegee,
Just looked at it. Looks like the same parts, without the line guide system. the rest is the same. Thanks for your help.
I'm ready to jump in.

jaypeegee

pour a large glass of patience when you go to remove the small circlips

beacherman

Thanks all. Everything went well. And luckily, I didn't lose the circlips. One did fly across my desk, but I found it.