Better handle for my 631 Newell

Started by speedwagon2, July 22, 2014, 02:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedwagon2

I am looking for a stainless handle and offset grip for my 631 Newell.  I am going to break the original handle one of these days.  Longer would good.  What are my options?
  Thanks,  Dave B(AKA Speedwagon2)

Shark Hunter

Welcome Dave!
I'm not sure what the sleeve size translates to what handles will fit, but you have come to the right place!
Someone will be along shortly to help you out. You can PM Newell Nut and cut to the chase. ;)
Life is Good!

bluefish69

Hi Dave

Before I say that I have a handle for a 631 I don't. What I do have is this advise - If you have a Brass Bridge Sleeve find a SS one, with a longer handle you can round off the tip of the Bridge Sleeve.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

doradoben

Speedwagon, maybe have a look at this. It's in the handle upgrade section.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=252.0

alantani

got a nice one for you.  you get a longer stainless steel arm with you choice of a medium sized 3/0 grip or a monster 5/0 grip.  send a pm if interested. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Newell Nut

I have gotten some nice SS ones from Keta and installed Alan's 3/0 grips. Works good for me.

speedwagon2

Thanks guys for the advice,
   I put Alan's SS handle and 3.0 grip on 631 4.2,  and on my narrow 555 5.5.  Look and feel great.  I have small muscular hands with fat little fingers;  the 3.0 grip is perfect.  I hope to pull on local YFTs and BFTs next week to try them out.  Alan makes a first class product.
Dave Babcock

speedwagon2

fishhead69

I have some really nice handles that have Delrin knobs and all passivated stainless steel hardware. The arm is a very stealth thick piece of stainless that is gorilla proof and the inner and outer hub and allen head screw are all stainless too. I fish with these handles on my personal reels and they work great and look great. If you are interested let me know. I can send you some pictures.

alantani

if the photos are not posted up somewhere here already, please do so. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!