Salmon at Duxburry Reef

Started by Bigeye, July 22, 2014, 08:49:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigeye

Launched out of SF China Basin at 6 am Saturday and went to Duxburry Reef with a friend.  We got three fish that fought pretty hard by 9:30 am.  Trolled for the devil fish till 1 pm with no luck.  Great day on the water and plenty of other boats.

Jad

Ron Jones

Great looking fish, glad you al had a good time.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

MFB

Nice, I have never caught a salmon. Maybe I should head down the south island next march & try for one.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

raumati01

Those are really nice fish, I bet you ate well.

We don't get them where i fish very often, they are probably escapees from farms and like MFB I've never caught one. My boy caught a beautiful one a few years back.

alantani

being able to keep up (or catch up) with some guys is just really nice.  jad, thanks for posting these photos.  it's great to see that you're getting out there.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Bigeye

Quote from: alantani on July 23, 2014, 06:37:01 AM
being able to keep up (or catch up) with some guys is just really nice.  jad, thanks for posting these photos.  it's great to see that you're getting out there.  alan

Good to hear from you too Alan.  I try to get out as much as I can.  It's much easier to get out with the Montauk compared to the bigger Whaler I had, as most of my fishing is solo.  Although, this year's salmon season in the Bay Area (HMB & the Gate) has been weak.  Early in the season there was a very good bite for about a month in Monterey Bay, and the last couple of months the fish have stayed up north by Fort Bragg & Shelter cove.  Not much here.  Plus June has been super windy.

This was my third trip this season.  The first one was in mid May where I limited about 14 miles out of Half Moon Bay toward the islands.  A week later I headed to the same area, but weather came up bad and to come back in.  Forecast was way off.

By comparison, last year the bite was hot most of the season out of HMB and the fish were really close to shore.

Anyway, the weather is laying down, and hopefully the schools will start showing up.

BTW, you're always welcome to fish on my boat.  I do have two dowriggers set up.  You have my number.

Jad