Avet knob question

Started by the rockfish ninja, July 25, 2014, 04:31:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the rockfish ninja

When I got my first Avet SX I was very pleased with the handle and how much better it was than my old Penn stuff, but I gotta admit that round ball knob on the Daiwa Lever drag saltist really feels good in my hand. Don't know how that ball in the middle of your palm would feel after a day of cranking but it feels good in the store, so I was curious if a knob like that was obtainable and compatible with an Avet arm, without too much customization.
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

alantani

if you have the old aluminum grip on your avet, i have a new delron grip that would work.  it's the 3/0 grip cut to replace the old avet aluminum grips.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

RUSTY OLD COLT

DOES ANYBODY MAKE A HANDLE OR KNOB AS A DIRECT FIT FOR THE NEWER REELS ?

the rockfish ninja

Quote from: alantani on July 25, 2014, 06:09:08 PM
if you have the old aluminum grip on your avet, i have a new delron grip that would work.  it's the 3/0 grip cut to replace the old avet aluminum grips.

My only Avet after the burglary is a fairly new SXJ/black finish, about a year old so it probably won't work (I guess). I did find the proper terminology for what I seek, it's called a "jigging power knob" and I found some aluminum ones that are retrofits for Avet, but the Daiwa's have that black foam EVA stuff that feels good to the hand. So far I've only found the EVA ones for Daiwa reels, I may still search around for an avet match in EVA.

A few more questions:
Know of an EVA power knob that matches Avet?
Do these EVA handles get funky and beat up easily?
Are the aluminum power knobs comfortable?

MFB

Avet list their own power handles under accessories on their website. I was looking at them the other day, considering ordering one for my SXJ.
http://www.avetreels.net/ACCESSORIES.html

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

the rockfish ninja

Yea, I went there and not what I'm going for, they don't produce a power "knob" at this time. There are the only two on the market for Avet SX that I found. The EVA one is pretty cheesy looking but the aluminum one might be a go.

Tightlines667

Don't forget to check out Dawn's selection at Smoothdrag, and you may want to take a look at ReelPowerHandles.com too.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

endorphin

eBAY SELLER FISHINGCOMFORT (http://stores.ebay.com/FISHINCOMFORT) has the EVA replacement knob 41mm (1.61") for sale for AVET for $17.95 on auction and Buy it Now with free shipping in the USA.
Success!!