C/E Clip removal - who has the best technique?

Started by boon, June 06, 2016, 08:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc1

I use the bent pick too.  Press a finger over the clip to hold it in place, then slip the point of the pick under the finger and pry the clip off from the back.  Usually use a flat head screwdriver to press it back into place later.
-steve

Tiddlerbasher

I use one of these made by facom:

One end 'hooks'onto the clip so you can pull it off but still retain it :)
The other end is for pushing it on.

Cor

Quote from: bigggfish on June 07, 2016, 04:06:24 AM
PM me.  I'll send you some.  They are cheap and I have a supply of old stamps that my dad hoarded.
So kind of you.   Hope the old stamps still work.
I'll make use of that offer for sure.

Will send PM later in the week after i've done a thorough search. ??? ???
Cornelis

steelfish

PM me.  I'll send you some.  They are cheap and I have a supply of old stamps that my dad hoarded.

do you know the normal sizes used on the reels? (penn, shimano, etc)
I would like to buy a set with different sizes, those e-clips, Already have a bunch of the mini/micro flying springs (shimano handle clickers, shimano TLD 2 speend mechanism, senator dogs, etc.. I JUST HATE to put a job on hold for a $0.50 part.. and wait 15 days to get it to Baja.

The Baja Guy

Keta

I start them with a small pair of duckbill pliers then finish the job with a small standard screwdriver, make sure you have a finger on it or it will go live with the missing socks and other missing springs.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

exp2000

For E-Clips I use a tiny jewelers screwdriver with a small powerful magnet attached (from a computer hard drive) - tends to grip the clip so it doesn't launch into orbit.

A pair of surgeons forceps are good for tiny ones.

Haven't really got a good technique for removing C-Clips. I often look at special tools on Amazon and wonder how well they work?
~

SoCalAngler

Quote from: steelfish on June 07, 2016, 06:30:13 PM

do you know the normal sizes used on the reels? (penn, shimano, etc)
I would like to buy a set with different sizes, those e-clips, Already have a bunch of the mini/micro flying springs (shimano handle clickers, shimano TLD 2 speend mechanism, senator dogs, etc.. I JUST HATE to put a job on hold for a $0.50 part.. and wait 15 days to get it to Baja.

Steelfish, just Google E-Clip Assortment and you will find what your looking for.You can either get Stainless Steel or High Carbon Steel clips though SS may be better for the saltwater.

steelfish

The Baja Guy