Another great benefit of this penn reelitis

Started by Tom McKinney, August 01, 2014, 12:49:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom McKinney

So I'm getting stuff together for a 1 day tuna trip that leaves Friday night from San Diego and I've got way to many reels that I have been working on and want to fish.  Can't bring 'em all.  

I usually don't go overnight and like to go longer and there have been a few thefts of reels lately so I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to watch all my stuff since I'm solo and it's going to be packed.

And then I realize that no one is likely to steal my old school penn 500/99 special or 113h YTS, even with Alan's handles on them.  Or at least less likely than the shiny bling reels on someone else's rods.  So that is one Penn Baja Special and one Avet sx that can stay home.  Hard decision made easy.  Still some BFT out there and some large YFT so I might bring the the the avet 2 speed.  But I'll probably just bring the 113h with 60lb.  It's well lubed with a greased 5 stack.  Should be more than enough.

Maybe I can get some spare size 99 spools and fish it for 20 and 30 and 40.  It's got Bryan's five stack on steel 4:1 so it's can take it.  The spools just cost to darn much.