New rod (non)-jinx

Started by the rockfish ninja, August 03, 2014, 04:37:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the rockfish ninja

Never fails, for me, when I buy new gear and use that new rig, the first time........      ...... I usually get skunked or close to that. :-\
But for once, the moon, the stars, and the new rod (that I bought to replace the one that got stolen out of my car a few weeks back,grrr) were aligned. I slap my Avet sxj on it, dress it up with some cheap Chinatown $1.69/lb squid, 3rd cast and whack! a 15" grass rockfish, thick too a real slug. I get a few more short bites after that, then I get another bang, this one's bopping around a little bit more so I think it's maybe a slightly under size cabezon from the fight but it turns out to be another grass rockfish 13" that was just barely hooked, so he was kinda pissed as opposed to most rockfish that are usually just a dead weight haul in. It's a wonder how I kept him on as I drug him out of the seaweed patch. Maybe some good karma in that mass produced Daiwa surf rod? ;D
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

Norcal Pescador

.... most rockfish that are usually just a dead weight haul in.  ....

Boy, aint that the truth! :-\  Catching fish must be the karma of the new rod replacing the stolen one.

Nice catch, too! 8)
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD

jonnou

QuoteCatching fish must be the karma of the new rod replacing the stolen one.

Nice catch, too! Cool
I hope so I am still replacing rods and reels from a car theft.  >:(

broadway

I hate thieves, but I really hate fishing gear thieves because most of the time it's when we're about to go fishing or when we just come home from a great day on the water.
Sorry you guys had your gear jacked, but I hope that karma keeps it up. ;)
All the best,
Dom

Alto Mare

Same here, Dom. I hate when they steal fishing gear and work tools >:(.
You know where that rod is going if I ever catch one ;).
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dr. Jekyll - AKA MeL B

nice catch! as for the theft  >:( >:( >:(

Norcal Pescador

Karma will be the stolen rod(s) getting broken when the tailgate is closed and stolen reel(s) innards' self-destructing on the first cast by the thief.  ;D

>:( I hate thieving scum. >:(
Rob

Measure once, cut twice. Or is it the other way around? ::)

"A good man knows his limits." - Inspector Harry Callahan, SFPD