Avet SX singel speed and MXL two speed bearing dimensions

Started by Yerman, August 18, 2010, 07:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yerman

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone has the dimensions of the pinion bearings on a single speed SX and a 6/4 MXL.

I want to see if I can find some thrust bearings to see if I can get rid of the handle load. Thanks in advance...

alantani

i'm digging through the "avet" parts box and i've got a couple.  don't know which is which.  i have the following......

6x17x6

6x19x6

0.250 x 0.625 x 0.196

i wonder it you could mill out the side plate and install a 6x17x6 bearing?

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Keta

A flanged angular contact bearing would work well but I haven't found any that fit.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Yerman

Well, I contacted several bearing manufacturers but nobody can supply the size needed to give it a try...

I don't understand why Avet would design the new raptor and not build the reel around a thrust or angular contact bearing for the pinion. IMO, it's their number one problem...I bought a JX Raptor and returned it because of several problems Avet has yet to address, the pinion bearing being one of them.

Regardless, after much thought and research, I have decided to rid myself of all my Avet's. They are just not up to the standards that many other manufacturers are up to. Thanks for the comments guys...

alantani

many of us have been asking the same question for quite some time now.....
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!