Mangos Again

Started by Newell Nut, August 05, 2014, 10:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

A buddy of mine was with me today that also knows how to catch mangos and we put a hurting on them down in the sunshine state and aboard the Pastime Princess. We shared the bounty with folks around the boat that don't know how to hook them.

floating doc

Wow, you're all over these mangos! I watched the video of the feeding characteristics. Pardon me if I say that it gave me "food for thought".  ;D  Can't wait to start working out some new skills.

My wife has been utilizing groupon lately, and came up with two 7 1/2 hour groupon trips on the Pastime Princess for $35 each. I'm not sure when I'll get out. I've fished three weekends out of the last four, and I've got some catching up to do, plus I'm going to set myself up with a spinner after your suggestion.

Central Florida

Shark Hunter

Mango Master strikes again! ;)
Who is that character standing behind you? He looks jealous. :D
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 06, 2014, 03:51:17 AM

;D ;D x 2 Dwight. ...maybe you cheered him up with a fillet or two
I'll be in FL in Oct..if the bite's still on then, I'll help ya spread some Mangos around too  ;)
...really.
Are those full day trips and what's the cost? ...  $35 is a no brainer..sign me up!

Newell Nut

I gave him some mangos. That is why my stringer is light. I had two stringers full at one point and this is Mark's stringer.  ;D ;D

Newell Nut

Quote from: erikpowell on August 06, 2014, 10:03:32 AM

;D ;D x 2 Dwight. ...maybe you cheered him up with a fillet or two
I'll be in FL in Oct..if the bite's still on then, I'll help ya spread some Mangos around too  ;)
...really.
Are those full day trips and what's the cost? ...  $35 is a no brainer..sign me up!

Erik, the full price is $75 for full day. Just look up Pastime Princess. Just a note of caution. Don't expect to catch what I catch. There is only a small few of us that actually know how to catch them. One other guy named Roger was there and he picked up 5 so three of us caught more than the other 50 people on the boat.

floating doc

I'm used to being one of the people that picks up one or two (or none) while someone else fills a stringer. I'm trainable though, and I always have fun.
Central Florida

Newell Nut

I am working with a couple guys on training and one of them was there yesterday and got one mango in the boat and one red snapper to toss back. This guy was next to me all day so the opportunity was there to match my stringer but the skills have not developed enough yet.
Sometimes Mother Nature says no to all of us but to improved odds on mangos fish the 7 days before the full moon and stay home after the full moon.

floating doc

That's good to know.  I've known for years that mangos are very oriented to moon phases, but didn't know any details.

That's nice of you to share your experience. Until recently I haven't been able to get time on the water, because of scheduling and the expense. Things are improving lately, and I'm hoping to get on a reef at least every few months
Central Florida

Islandgypsy

Not familiar with all your species down there, but those look like they'd be delicious eating?

Newell Nut

Mangroves are my favorite to eat. Going back tomorrow to see if the stars are still lined up correctly.

BMITCH

Erik, the full price is $75 for full day. Just look up Pastime Princess. Just a note of caution. Don't expect to catch what I catch. There is only a small few of us that actually know how to catch them. One other guy named Roger was there and he picked up 5 so three of us caught more than the other 50 people on the boat.

10% of the fisher people catch 90% of the fish for a reason. Your a sharpie Dwight. Great pics.
Bob
luck is the residue of design.

Newell Nut

Thanks and that pretty much sums up the reality of the fish box.