Shimano TR200G

Started by beacherman, August 07, 2014, 05:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beacherman

I bought a TR200G for salmon this spring. Caught a couple of nice Kings. Reel work good but the handle/grip seemed small in my hand. I decided to upgrade with one of Dawns round grips and put some carbontex drag washers in to boot. Here's my question: when I put the "drag spring washers" back together (#0020 and #0021), I noticed that the spring washers H (#0020) are not bowed. They seemed to be completely flat. The thinner spring washer G (#0021) is noticeably bowed. I believe these washers are supposed to be stacked in this order; ()(). I could not tell by looking at them if I stacked them perfectly. So I put it back together as best I could. I tested the drag with a scale. To go from a 4# drag to a 10# drag only takes about a quarter turn on the star. It's not a gradual increase to go from ~4lbs to ~10lbs.  I'm thinking that's not right. My guess is, I messed up on stacking these Spring Washers or maybe #0020 washers are screwed up. Any advice?
Number One Rule; "Fish Where There are Fish"

alantani

thin ones may have flattened out, but that's not common.  if you can find the right drag setting, just stay with it.  the fish will not notice. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

beacherman

Thanks Alan. Now it's time to go after those unsuspecting Kings/Silvers and give them a little wooden shampoo, as we say up here.
Bill
Number One Rule; "Fish Where There are Fish"