Old Penn 4/0 Senator 113

Started by RustyTank, August 09, 2014, 06:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyTank

Greetings!

Getting ready to replace drag washers in an older Penn 113  4/0 Senator.  A couple new guy questions before I order parts and tear into it:

(1) I think this is the correct schematic: https://www.mysticparts.com/Assets/images/pennparts/schematics/113.pdf  Yes?

(2) So it looks to me to be a 3 drag washer reel...?

(3) The parts I need are ONE 4-60 Fiber Washer and THREE 6-113 Drag Washers...?

(4) Should I choose original drag washers (I think not) or HT100 washers?  or SMOoOTH DRAG/Carbontex replacements?  I look on MysticParts.com and can't seem to id the correct HT100 three washer kit with metals.

Any / all  comments appreciated.

- RustyTank / Rich Nolan

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Ron Jones

There are several tutorials on here on how to install a 5 drag stack. Absolutely no reason not to do that. Makes the reel 1000 times smoother.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

Shark Hunter

Just send Mo an email at Scott's bait and Tackle through their website. Tell her what you need and she will hook you up. ;)
Life is Good!

erikpowell

Rich, is that formica or granite counter you've got there 
If it's natural stone, do you know the name?
Thanks!

ok back to subject.....   ;D

RustyTank

Silestone... Manufactured quartz... Done in 2005... I don't know if that color is still in their line.

Has been a very durable surface for us.

erikpowell

Thanks Rich, I like it, nice color. it resembles a live reef.

edit
found it! .. Blue Sahara - Mesopotamia Series

nice choice

Shark Hunter

I chose a Darker Version for my Counter tops Erik. It may say Formica on it, but its made right here in Kentucky. ;) I chose this color to match my Ceramic Tile in the Kitchen. The Chips are Acrylic. It has a Mineral Base, but its probably 50%. The Acrylic suspends the chips in the Material. Then it is sanded to bring the color out. its pretty Durable. Its been in my House for probable 10 years. Its has some light scratches, but you can buff them out with a Scotch Brite pad. I've did nothing to it since I had it put in.
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

If you would like to experiment and mess up some parts along the way, try here:
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=9979.msg93421#msg93421
Seriously though, the 5-149 gear works nicely ;).

About the countertops, no disrespect to you guys, but as for beauty, there is no substitute to real stone.
over 90% of my jobs still get them today.
Here is a bar I finished recently, all designed by me with real stone veneer:

Sorry, back to your reel.
Go with a 5=1 stack and do try a delrin washer for under the main gear, you will like it.
It is a good idea to replace the gear sleeve with a stainless steel one and that reel should be very happy.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

Looks good.  The water cutter that cuts my parts cuts a lot of stone.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain