Pflueger Templar 1419 3/4 Reel

Started by handi2, August 11, 2014, 09:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makule

There were two types of handle knobs on the Templar reels.  One was plastic that's shaped like a "conventional" knob, and the other was perhaps walnut shaped like a "stick out" knob.  The stick out type probably came first, and it isn't as easy to grab as the type shown here.

The fishing group that Bryon referred to on Oahu, HI was called the Atlapac Fishing Club.  It is still around and active.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

Makule

Sid, I would not chrome plate except for the spool.  Pfleuger used nickle silver instead of chrome plating.
I used to be in a constant state of improvement.  Now I'm in a constant state of renovation.

sdlehr

Quote from: Makule on June 17, 2016, 09:40:59 PM
Sid, I would not chrome plate except for the spool.  Pfleuger used nickle silver instead of chrome plating.
Thanks! As it turned out, I would only really be tempted to plate the spool.... the Nickel Silver needs no help :)

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Shark Hunter

Sid,
That was some outstanding work on that Templar.
I recently was given a 1420 1/2.
That is why I seeked out this post.
You have some skills for sure.
Life is Good!

sdlehr

Quote from: Shark Hunter on December 04, 2016, 09:07:05 PM
Sid,
That was some outstanding work on that Templar.
I recently was given a 1420 1/2.
That is why I seeked out this post.
You have some skills for sure.
Thanks, DD! I re-chromed the spool flanges a while back but forgot to post pics. Have fun with your Templar! They're built like a tank.... SS internals are pretty heavy!

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector