welding 900h frame?

Started by cmaraj1, August 12, 2014, 04:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmaraj1

jus took apart my 900h to install the new drag washer and clean it up, and a piece of my frame jus fell out..... i bought it off ebay, is there any way i can weld this back? or any adhesives u guy think would work? 

Porthos

Shark Hunter

My first thought would be returning it.
Life is Good!

day0ne

First, the frame is cast aluminum so welding probably won't work. Second, if you are talking about the bottom piece that the reel seat is on, it's supposed to come out. Pictures or a description of the piece that fell out would be a big help. Sealine parts are relatively cheap compared to Penn parts so give Daiwa a call and price the frame or like Shark Hunter said, send it back.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

cmaraj1

on the clicker side,   from 1 o'clock to 2 o'clock
ive had it a while and when its assembled it holds tight, my buddy even landed a few seven foot blacktips on it..no prob..
but i hate the fact knowing it broken,  i should have jus bought the penn 115l2 new.....

day0ne

Quote from: cmaraj1 on August 13, 2014, 02:28:25 AM
on the clicker side,   from 1 o'clock to 2 o'clock
ive had it a while and when its assembled it holds tight, my buddy even landed a few seven foot blacktips on it..no prob..
but i hate the fact knowing it broken,  i should have jus bought the penn 115l2 new.....

Are you talking about the side plate? If so, it only costs $11.23. If it is indeed the frame, it only costs $28.53, new. This is still a better reel than the Chinese 115, IMO.
David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

cmaraj1

well i jus bought a used 900h for 35.00 at a pawn shop , i got so lucky........ switched out the frame, and its all better now....
gonna sell the spare 900 for parts...