Powerhouse No. 288

Started by cwillis85, August 16, 2014, 09:19:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwillis85

Hi all, saw a Powerhouse 288 Transmission on fleabay and found it interesting enough to pick up for $13 shipped. It is only the actual drivetrain with none of the mounting hardware.  I am figuring by the scarcity of information I have found on this transmission, most of which I found in an earlier post on here, that parts are few and far between leaving me to cut my own out of stainless.  I'm hoping someone on here might have one of these and could post a few pics of the parts which are used to attach the transmission.  Any other info is welcomed as well. Just saw it and thought for a few bucks I can at least play with it amd maybe get creative and have a fun project.  ;D
Chris

doradoben

I've never seen a Powerhouse 288 but have seen a few Reel Deal Transmissions mounted on small Penn reels on the So. Cal. party boats many years ago. There is at least one thread on this site that mentions both, and one of the posts has a link to a site that includes a photo of a mounted Reel Deal. Your post was nostalgic enough that I had a quick look on the big auction site and found the following item.

I have no idea who the seller is and would not have posted a link to this auction, but there are about half dozen photos that may be of help to you. The addition seems to make the reel much wider than it needs to be and maybe best displayed on a shelf if you are a collector.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Penn-140-SQUIDDER-Reel-with-REEL-DEAL-2-sp-Transmission-Nice-SHAPE-2-spools-/171421104207?pt=US_Taxidermy&hash=item27e97e784f

cwillis85

Thanks, I have looked at that post several times and it just never clicked how close the two types were to each other.the one I ordered also has the installation directions, hopefully with lots of pictures, but these pics help.
Chris

cwillis85

Just got in the transmission,  pretty neat, rough looking but the instruction sheet is in great shape. Here is a pic of that sheet, hopefully it may help someone in the future. If there is a better place to post this let me know.
Chris