I don't think I'll beat this

Started by Cone, August 17, 2014, 10:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lawaia

Quote from: Dominick on August 19, 2014, 04:02:44 PM
Bob.  What kind of weapon do you use to kill a 1000 pound gator?  Dominick

According to the story, a shotgun was used for the coup de grace.  "Mandy Stokes uncased a 20-gauge shotgun, loaded it and pointed it at the sweet spot behind the eyes and at the base of the neck where she'd been told to aim by Wildlife and Freshwater Fisheries Division instructors at a mandatory training class."  "...a well-placed load of shot to the sweet spot behind the eyes spells a quick end to an alligator's life."  Seems the real feat was bringing the 'gator boatside.  Amazing story.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

:D Its just a saying John. Instead of saying I dare you! We say "Not a Hair on your A&%! ;D
Life is Good!

Cone

It was killed with a shotgun. That was in Alabama. Florida has different rules.
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Alto Mare

Quote from: Cone on August 23, 2014, 12:38:26 PM
Bob, sounds like your neighbors have better rules :-\...be safe out there.
By the way, if Dominick gets on that boat, so will I, but he needs to keep his pants up, shave or no shave. ::) The unbuttoned shirt, I could deal with. ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Cone

I'd love to have you both in the boat! I don't think Dominick trusts me though.  :o  It must be from all those years in court.   ;D   ;D  I can handle a few buttons undone on his shirt but I have to draw the line somewhere.  ;)    Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

Newell Nut

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 23, 2014, 12:50:46 PM
Quote from: Cone on August 23, 2014, 12:38:26 PM
Bob, sounds like your neighbors have better rules :-\...be safe out there.
By the way, if Dominick gets on that boat, so will I, but he needs to keep his pants up, shave or no shave. ::) The unbuttoned shirt, I could deal with. ;)
Okay Sal, if you make that trip you got to come across state to Daytona for a day. Maybe joining you and Dominick would be a rather entertaining trip.

Cone

You are welcome also Dwight. A little muscle wouldn't hurt to have along.
Bob

Shark Hunter

Bob,
Is your boat big enough? If Dominick, Sal and Dwight are in. So am I! ;)
Life is Good!

Cone

It's only 18ft but 4 people should work.