Conflict 8000 crushed the Mangos

Started by Newell Nut, August 19, 2014, 09:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

A great day on the Pastime Princess. I used the Conflict 8000 that I bought for Mr Bill Smock before he left us. His spirit was with me today and I caught 15 mangos with that reel and it is a strong one. Highly recommend it for offshore budget fishing. Saw them on ebay for 125.
I was also using my new Captain America colored rod that I built for myself last week and it did well. Gave a dozen fish away and made a bunch of tourist happy and kept 3 for me. Got the Jackpot too. ;D

Here is a few of them. The others that I gave away you can see in the background.

johndtuttle

Dominick

Goodonya Mango Man.  It's time for a name change.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Cone

Nice mangrove snapper! I'm glad you didn't twist the handle off this one!  ::)  Great eating for sure.
Bob
"Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est." (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)
   -    Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 4 BC – 65 AD

Newell Nut

Quote from: Dominick on August 19, 2014, 10:58:21 PM

Sure sounds better than some of the names that I had when I managed construction projects. ;D ;D

Dominick

Quote from: Newell Nut on August 19, 2014, 11:22:26 PM
Quote from: Dominick on August 19, 2014, 10:58:21 PM

Sure sounds better than some of the names that I had when I managed construction projects. ;D ;D
Oh! So you are the one they were talking about... :D... Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Steve-O

Way to go! Just like a Snickers bar...it tastes TWICE as good when you share it.

Thanks for sharing with the forumites.

Steve-o

ChileRelleno

I'm getting envious every time I read these Mango reports...  Please, keep'em coming, I'll have show up next to ya on the boat one of these days  ;D
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Quote from: ChileRelleno on August 20, 2014, 03:16:48 AM
I'm getting envious every time I read these Mango reports...  Please, keep'em coming, I'll have show up next to ya on the boat one of these days  ;D
Come on over. This up in the water thing is nearing an end for the mangos and then it will all be bottom fishing again soon. This starts late May goes through most of August. Something like a 300 series Newell or a heavy spinner are the ticket for what I am doing.
In the fall the 4/0 tanks and the 500 to 600 Newells are the ticket on 7 to 8 foot meat sticks.

erikpowell

Mango Man !  Spreading the love  ;D  Good on ya Dwight!

floating doc

Well, come on now. If you would have sold me that reel, I would have caught just as many fish. It just would have taken a year or so! ;) I'm averaging one per two trips... okay, maybe more than a year.  ;D

Seriously, I love this post! There's nothing better than breaking in new tackle with a banner day like this.

I figured I was going to miss the "up in the water thing" this year. My spinning reel won't be here for another week, I haven't even come close to picking out a rod blank (much less starting the project), and I won't have any time off for a few weeks at the least. That's okay, though. I'll have all winter to get ready. In the meantime, I'll be joining you for some bottom fishing as soon as I can get out.
Central Florida

broschro

mango man
damn man
he is the mango man
he's got it all in the palm of his hand
they call him the mango man  8)

johndtuttle

Sung to the tune of "Nowhere Man"

"Mango Maaan, keep fishin'...
You don't knooooow what your missin'...
Mango Man...the wooooorld is at your command...."