9/0 Hot rodding

Started by Shark Hunter, August 25, 2014, 05:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erikpowell

Aiala

Quote from: foakes on August 29, 2014, 05:43:27 AM
Put me down for two -- if another run is made...

Alas, considering the difficulties Mr. Shark encountered selling off the final few frames of the original batch, I imagine another run is out of the question... unless there are a hundred pre-paid orders up front, or something like that.

Still, if it ever happens, I'll certainly buy one, even though I've already got two.   :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

foakes

You are right, Aiala --

Get a commitment for at least 50, or 100 -- from folks on this Board.

Get a 50% deposit up front.

We can realize that there are not a lot of people worldwide, who do what we do with reels.  And the old adage "If you build it, they will come" -- is not really a good business model when producing an expensive and specialized product like a 9/0 frame.

And, some may not agree with me -- but we need to make these a little more expensive, so that the makers can realize a little profit.

Anytime folks see and use these frames -- there will be a demand for many more.

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

The 9/0 frame venture was not about profit. It was about bringing something special to the members here. That's why I took the ball from Dominick and ran with it. I wanted his venture to end as it should have. I know he is grateful and I took pride in doing so. ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Daron, I had to put my sunglasses on to look at your handle and it still didn't help 8).
As for the frames, I have plenty, but as you already know, I'm there if you need me to get in on it to help et it going ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

foakes

Daron -- you did a great job of completing the 9/0 sales!

I was just offering my opinion that it isn't right for anyone to offer these to our group -- and then have a tough time moving them all -- unless they are making a couple of bucks on each one.

These are a great value, and make a very tough reel combination when set up properly.

We appreciate all you did to move these.

How many were sold to members, and how many did you sell on ebay?

Looking forward to another run!

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

I only sold two on ebay. Those same two are coming back to me here. It was Mike. ;D
Life is Good!

erikpowell

ChileRelleno

I was bummed when I couldn't tear a Franklin loose earlier in the year for a frame.
But I now have one coming my way and I'm excited about it.
;D
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

We could have worked something out John. I took it you weren't interested. My Bad. 30 Lashes! :'(
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 30, 2014, 02:19:47 AM
We could have worked something out John. I took it you weren't interested. My Bad. 30 Lashes! :'(
Yeah, we probably could've, if'n we knew each other better at the time.
I like to have money matters settled, nothing hanging, it bothers me.
No bad, everything is great as a matter of fact.
Put down the whip...  Unless you enjoy that kind'a stuff  :o
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

I have six too Erik, Modded to the Hilt! 3 Silver and 3 Black. Set! ;)
Life is Good!

mjg3

Shark Hunter you ready for the 2nd??????? let me know!!

Shark Hunter

Send it on Mike! I'm ready! ;)
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

I'm still waiting Mike. Where you at?
Life is Good!