Last years 113H project

Started by Jerseymic, August 26, 2014, 07:16:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Started gathering parts for this reel last year, now it is finally all in one piece!!

First of all I would like to thank Keta (Lee), Alto Mare (Sal), Alan C. (Black Pearl) and finally our boss Alan T. for their parts that have helped to make this happen.

All the parts together.

The internal goodies all polished. Got sore fingers flattening and polishing the metal drag washers!!

Milled out the sideplate for the second dog and gear clearance.

Washers all fit in the gear perfectly (This was before polishing)

Fitted the dogs.

Tried it all together, all works fine.

The handle I got for the 500 I want to narrow, but preferred the size on the 113H.
So with some cautious filing with a diamond needle file, fitted it to the 113H gear sleeve.

Nice tight fit.

On its way back together.

All in one piece.

All I am waiting for is the two outer rings in stainless, which our Penn guy is having trouble obtaining at present, but they will turn up one day!

Just got to get the line on, then hope someone will take me on the sea to try it out!

Mike.

Shark Hunter

Good Job Mike! That's a unique second dog cut there.
Life is Good!

Jerseymic

Thanks Daron,

I just tried to leave as much meat as I could on the sideplate for the bridge to sit on, and that's the way it turned out!

Mike.

Alto Mare

Mike, all I'm going to say is gorgeous! You do some sweet work. ;)

Boss, pin those shots so they don't get lost.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Jerseymic

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 26, 2014, 09:46:45 PM
Mike, all I'm going to say is gorgeous! You do some sweet work. ;)

Boss, pin those shots so they don't get lost.
Sal

Thanks Sal,

Although it's not in the second photo, I used your Delrin washer on top of the drag stack as well as under the gear sleeve.

Mike.

Jerseymic

Guys,

Other than the second Delrin washer, what is missing from the second photo?

Mike.

Shark Hunter

a drag washer.
Life is Good!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Jerseymic

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 26, 2014, 11:53:34 PM
a drag washer.

Yes, I only realised after I posted.

One of those oldie moments :'(

Mike.

Jerseymic

Quote from: Keta on August 27, 2014, 02:15:54 AM
Nice work Mike!

Thanks Lee,

You started the ball rolling last year with the parts you kindly sent me.

Mike.

Marlinmate

Beautiful....BUT...

Wouldn't polishing the metal drag washers actually lower the drag capabilities?      I would think that having some surface friction could only help with the drag.

I'm assuming you are fishing it...and not displaying it..

FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Alto Mare

Jess, I know your question is not directed to me, I just want to mention that I've been combining delrin with carbon fiber washers on my reels and the drags are still working as they should. Actually much smoother and putting out the same drag numbers.
Derlin is very slippery, even when squeezed with the star.
Same with Mike's reel, I'm thinking the buffed metal washers will still produce drag, but smoother.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Marlinmate

String up the reel....and run a test.   This has me curious.
FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Alto Mare

basto

I`m with Marlinmate on this one. I think you will need a matt finish on the metal drag washers if you are going to grease the HT100.
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n