Ambassadeur 7000

Started by steelheadman, August 28, 2014, 12:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelheadman

I have an early 90's model Ambassadeur 7000, not a 7000C or 7000I, that I bought brand new and I'm having a little problem with it....I push the free spool button and let out the amount of line that I need to, but when I turn the handle to put the spool into retrieve mode, I can turn the handle a full turn or more before the spool engages, the free spool button pops out and the reel starts retrieving line....is this something that can be fixed with a thorough cleaning and re-lube, or is there a part thats worn and need to be relpaced? The reel has minimal use, no more than 30 hours...any suggestions? Thanks

foakes

Without having it in my hands, my guess would be a good complete disassembly, ultrasonic or solvent cleaning, proper oil and grease -- would take care of the issue.

These parts seldom fail, especially on a reel that unused -- but it is 20 some years old -- and grease gets hard and set up sometimes.  Or contaminants get into the push button mechanism.

These reels clean up very well and easily.

If we can help further...

Anyway, good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

there is a pin on the ratchet gear that has to hit a kick lever.  something is getting in the way. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!