Penn 9 levelwind

Started by aoc, August 26, 2010, 01:48:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aoc

How do you adjust the pawl and line guide to the levelwind drive gear if it has been removed? 

alantani

back off the spool tension so that you know that it's loose.  then crank the handle and adjust the worm tensioner until there is slight resistance, then back off the screw until there is no load.  now you can adjust the spool tension.  there is no adjustment for the pawl.  that one just screws in.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Mic

Quote from: alantani on August 26, 2010, 03:12:52 PM
back off the spool tension so that you know that it's loose.  then crank the handle and adjust the worm tensioner until there is slight resistance, then back off the screw until there is no load.  now you can adjust the spool tension.  there is no adjustment for the pawl.  that one just screws in.  alan

Dam* your good Alan!

I had a pawl fail on a 210 yesterday and couldn't figure out what was going wrong. The line was stacking up like cord wood against one side while I was winding up, but if I free spooled, the worm gear worked great. Reel forward and it was all ahead stop!

Time to replace and adjust~!

Thanks again....

Bryan Young

I would inspect the worm gear in addition to the pawl.  More than likely, the worm gear is damaged...and if you replace the worm gear, I would also replace the pawl.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D