Penn Spinfisher 8500SS

Started by fisher480, September 02, 2014, 07:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisher480

I know this will be a tough one but a friend of mine had a car accident and his beloved Spinfisher came away with a broken reel foot. Is there anyone out there with a spare body?

foakes

You will likely find one on this site, or you might buy a parts reel on ebay.

My client experience with repairing quality spinners after vehicle accidents is this:

Seldom when the foot or stem is broken in a mishap like this, that is the only problem...

We visually focus on the broken foot or stem because they are clearly evident.

Generally, upon closer inspection and operating -- we will find a tweaked handle, bent handle grip, dented rotor, bent spool shaft, chipped spool, resistant bail operation, maybe even interior damage when an impact occurred.

Unless I am dead certain the only issue is a broken foot -- I generally find a parts reel, and swap out everything it needs.  The client still has their reel for sentimental purposes -- but all issues have been addressed.

Good luck on your search.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

wallacewt

ANGLERS CENTRAL in  sth australia are very good and fair, but slow
they carry a very wide range of parts for the reels they service.
quickest way is to ring them
08-8244-8790
spareparts@anglerscentral.com.au
i have been dealing with them for a couple of years.
shimano aust; is a different story
hope this helps

fisher480

Thanks guys I will check it out.