113 metal senator question

Started by sandman, August 27, 2010, 03:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandman

does anyone know if the metal senators can take a narrow frame and spool kit from tib or accurate? I like the stainless parts and double dogs. and yeah i know the baja specials exist, ha.

akfish

Nope. I've wanted a narrow metal Senator too, but they are different enough from the 113H that it won't work, and Penn sold so few of them that I doubt there will ever be an upgrade market.
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

Bryan Young

Those are nice reels.  Too back there wasn't much marketing for those reels.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sandman

bummer. I figured, but thought id check. too bad there arent more used baja specials around, they seem to get snatched up fast

broadway

There's a reason you can't get a used baja... they're that good!  I ordered another just in case they get any funny ideas again to get rid of it.  When I was a kid I used them for east coast whiting/pollack/cod trips in the dead of winter to the point that the line would freeze and you'd have to give a tug to start to drop.  The nicest part was when/if I got a birds nest I could get my fingers on it (I love that).  This reel hasn't failed with the exception of years (maybe 6 yrs.)of undone maintenance jamming the eccentric up.  I leave that baja in NJ at my old man's as a go to reel, and now I got one for my NY go to reel for cod/pollack.  Would love to try it for tilefish when I give that a go.  Good luck on your baja search, but if you don't find a used one you won't regret the money spent on a new one. 
Dom