Penn Fathom gears

Started by Big Tim, September 06, 2014, 01:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Tim

Is or has Penn come out with a different gear set for the star drag Fathom series? I fished my friends a couple of time and for smaller fish  6:1 is fine. I ask because I just picked up a 40 for a song and will want to have any goodies available  ;D ;D ;D

SoCalAngler

Yep Black Pearl on this site makes some after market 4.8 stainless gears. Go down to his Pro Challenger board on the For Sale section. Penn does not make any different gears for the Fathoms and after talking to them I din't think they ever will.

Big Tim

Quote from: SoCalAngler on September 06, 2014, 01:56:42 AM
Yep Black Pearl on this site makes some after market 4.8 stainless gears. Go down to his Pro Challenger board on the For Sale section. Penn does not make any different gears for the Fathoms and after talking to them I din't think they ever will.
Sweet, thanx SoCal

Fishit 2

Can you swap the Fathom levelwind gears(4.3) into the non LW Fathom? I really hate the hi speed gears on most Penn convench which are the 6.0 variety.
President of the Down Beach High Class Hookers fishing Club.

Keta

Tim, I like my BP gear set, it makes my FTH25N a more useable reel for what I do.   It's an easy change out.

Quote from: Fishit 2 on February 24, 2015, 06:42:42 PM
Can you swap the Fathom levelwind gears(4.3) into the non LW Fathom? I really hate the hi speed gears on most Penn convench which are the 6.0 variety.

I've heard it can't be done and the LW has a larger OD.

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com" (image files fixed)

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Fishit 2 on February 24, 2015, 06:42:42 PM

Black Pearl sells a 4.8:1 gear set for the fathom. https://squareup.com/market/pro-challenger-llc