My bad luck of blue fin tuna is ended today!

Started by jiggingworld, September 06, 2014, 06:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiggingworld

200 hours worth hard work, finally paid off. My 10th trip to cape cod blue fin tuna finally brake my bad luck. Thanks to Capt. Jimmy the greek, we got this fat girl on trolling. Lost nice mako on boat side and also lost another one because failed crimp. Beautiful weather in the morning but got worse later on. Quick stop by Jimmy seabass spot and limited out sea bass too..

Yong,

DaBigOno

That's a nice bluefin!   Thanks for the report
Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

Alto Mare

Nice fish jiggingworld, that should cover all the other non productive trips, which I'm sure you still had fun being out there. Thanks for sharing.
Any relations to The Jimmy the Greek sports commentator?

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Nice fish, grats on finally crossing that one off your list.

Quoteper·se·ver·ance
ˌpərsəˈvi(ə)rəns/
noun
noun: perseverance

steadfastness in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success.
   "Yong's perseverance in pursuit of a Bluefin finally paid off with a dinner of fresh Chutoro sashimi."
   synonyms:   persistence, tenacity, determination, staying power, indefatigability, steadfastness, purposefulness; More
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bucktail

Just a jig-a-lo

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

El Pescador

jiggingworld!!! Persistence pays off!  Congratulations to you.

The albatross around my neck is Wahoo.

Have been on 5 trips to Los Cabos or the Cabo area, each for 1, 2 or 3 fishing days, spent $8,000 in total travel costs, and had two wahoo on for a millisecond.

My Los Cabos fishing compatriot, Dominick, while expert at catching Tuna, for Wahoo, well... not so much  ::) ;D

CAN'T wait to successfully hook, fight and LAND on the deck my 1st Wahoo.

I may have to travel to San Diego, looks like they are currently being caught there:

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excursions/post/rare-wahoo-catch-first/

In my youth, I backpacked 200 miles over 6 trips to catch my first Golden Trout!

I will stay persistent and focused on my Wahoo Catching Goal!!!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Newell Nut

Very nice catch and will go fine next to the garlic mashed potatoes. ;D

the rockfish ninja

Quote from: El Pescador on September 06, 2014, 07:28:40 PM
jiggingworld!!! Persistence pays off!  Congratulations to you.

The albatross around my neck is Wahoo.

Have been on 5 trips to Los Cabos or the Cabo area, each for 1, 2 or 3 fishing days, spent $8,000 in total travel costs, and had two wahoo on for a millisecond.

My Los Cabos fishing compatriot, Dominick, while expert at catching Tuna, for Wahoo, well... not so much  ::) ;D

CAN'T wait to successfully hook, fight and LAND on the deck my 1st Wahoo.

I may have to travel to San Diego, looks like they are currently being caught there:

http://www.grindtv.com/outdoor/excursions/post/rare-wahoo-catch-first/

In my youth, I backpacked 200 miles over 6 trips to catch my first Golden Trout!

I will stay persistent and focused on my Wahoo Catching Goal!!!

Wayne

San Salvador island, Bahamas = Wahoo    (93 lb my best)
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

erikpowell

Fiji ..... July-Sept ..... They're almost a nuisance at times...

;)

Tightlines667

Good job!
Those are some nice fish!..
And I thought the Ono run was 'on' here.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

jonnou

El Pescador

rockfish ninja  &   ericpowell,

I have not met either of you, but you may have just become my new friends!!!

LOVE the Bahama Islands, have caught bonefish on two trips to the Berry Islands  - Ambergris Cay - Just me and my guide for the day no other fisherman to be seen,

ericpowell!   Where is Fiji????

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!