My bad luck of blue fin tuna is ended today!

Started by jiggingworld, September 06, 2014, 06:08:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dominick

Quote from: El Pescador on September 06, 2014, 07:28:40 PM
My Los Cabos fishing compatriot, Dominick, while expert at catching Tuna, for Wahoo, well... not so much  ::) ;D
Wayne
I one time wanted a Wahoo so bad I hired a Panguero to only target Wahoo.  We went to his spot and got 7 hook-ups that all broke off.  Wire leaders and live sardinas.  Then the bite turned off.  With all the adjusting I never got one to the boat.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Zimbass

Fiji is an island in the Pacific that is purely there to provide rugby players to the world  :D :D ;)
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

the rockfish ninja

Quote from: Zimbass on September 08, 2014, 05:23:30 AM
Fiji is an island in the Pacific that is purely there to provide rugby players to the world  :D :D ;)

I love the sevens tournament!!! (I think I'm one of the few here in the states that does)
But you know those All Blacks whoop Fiji every time.
Deadly Sebastes assassin.

the rockfish ninja

Quote from: El Pescador on September 07, 2014, 03:18:57 PM
rockfish ninja  &   ericpowell,

I have not met either of you, but you may have just become my new friends!!!

LOVE the Bahama Islands, have caught bonefish on two trips to the Berry Islands  - Ambergris Cay - Just me and my guide for the day no other fisherman to be seen,

ericpowell!   Where is Fiji????

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Wayne

Fiji is between Samoa, Tonga and New Caledonia.

PS-Awesome pics ericpowell!!!, when I figure out how to scan a photo into my computer I'll post my slug.

jonnou

Take it from an All Black supporter those Fijians have won the Sevens quite a few times and left a few Kiwis black and blue
They don't do so well in the 15 aside version but will still give you a run for ya money
I spent 7days and nights sailing to Fiji from new zealand in a yacht race then spent 10days in paradice
what a relaxing place!!!
Bulla Vinaka Jon

MFB

Along with Samoa and New Zealand. Fiji bitter is not a bad drop either.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

erikpowell

Quote from: El Pescador on September 07, 2014, 03:18:57 PM

ericpowell!   Where is Fiji????

Thanks for the encouragement guys!

Wayne

LAX-11hrs
HNL-6hrs
OZ & NZ - 4hrs

Wahoo are still thick right now...yesterdays report 5 boated 50lb+ ...12 dropped.. then they came back in for heavier wire  ;D ;D

Quote from: the rockfish ninja on September 09, 2014, 02:28:36 AM

I love the sevens tournament!!! (I think I'm one of the few here in the states that does)
But you know those All Blacks whoop Fiji every time.

;D ;D ;D

Hey Ninja .... Dubai Semi's 2013 !

20 mins of non stop action!

the rockfish ninja

??? I've never seen them that flat, they must have had the flu going around the locker room that week. :-\

Yes "every time" was an exaggeration I'll admit, but what do you expect from a yankee, we're just figuring it out. I wish you would have posted a more competitive match though, blowouts are a snore to me and that was 20 mins of boredom. Here in the states it only comes around once a year so I watch all the matches of the Las Vegas tournament, most of them are competitive, maybe a couple of blowouts, and since I started watching the All Blacks took all but one in which South Africa walked away with it. We only get to see that one little slice of it (LV tourney).

Zimbass

When I posted my avatar, I was going to put the Silver Fern, and felt it was not really fishing related, so went with the picture of me with my PB bass.

As a passionate All Blacks supporter, I can not allow the other members on the site to have an idea that New Zealand are not the best rugby team. Sure Fiji are a great 7's team, and they do win a few against NZ every now and again. However, the New Zealand All Blacks are ranked number 1 in the world, both in 7's and the proper full 15 man game.

Fiji generally play against lower tier teams and make a good account of themselves. They are ranked 11, below Japan and Samoa. However like I mentioned in an earlier post, they do produce some really great rugby talent, and many of them end up in Oz or NZ.

Never been there, however, some friends have, and they reckon the Fijians are just the best people in the world.

Sorry to have bored you on such trivial issues  :D :D ;D

jonnou

Need to start a Rugby section All Blacks V South Africa about to Kick off ;D ;D

the rockfish ninja

No Zimbass, not trivial, he was just trying to set a rugby rookie straight. "every time" is sometimes used in a slang kind of way to exclaim dominance in a joking way here in the states. All you have to do is wiki the info and NZ has taken almost all the major tournaments with So Africa and Australia taking some, that one match I think was a rarity. In the USA I only get a small slice of what's happening in 7s rugby, but NZ has won all the tournaments I've seen since I started watching except So Africa taking one of them.

Zimbass

Quote from: jonnou on September 13, 2014, 06:42:49 AM
Need to start a Rugby section All Blacks V South Africa about to Kick off ;D ;D

Imagine all the US folk would want to add football and baseball too  ;)

14-10 was a good win for the Mighty All Blacks !

I assure you Ninja that I did not take the "every time" as literal. Do have a sense of humor, promise  8)

the rockfish ninja

Yeah but this is a fishing site, they already have way too much stuff online about the MLB NFL & NBA. Although the USA team is starting to be a semi-competative bunch, I'm one of the few here that appreciates the precursor to our NFL. It's a great game and the 7s is one facet of the game that translates best internationally, enough to keep me interested, I just don't get enough access to it.

erikpowell

Here's a more gripping episode for ya Rockfish!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40g-SsaJ9a8&index=4&list=PLEquYsx14d2-jWFhu1OvqnDi7boCpMeBE

good to the last drop!  Enjoy

and Zimbass 11th ?!?!?!? I don't think so...Certainly not in IRB 7's..

maybe 15's, but Fiji's never claimed to be a superpower in 15's..It's not our game. 7's is OUR game!  ;D
Fiji hovers consistantly in the top 3-4.. When I arrived here in 2005  Fiji was Ranked #1 in the world.
Sure we lost some silly Oceana Tournament to Japan and Samoa last year..but that didn't really count.  ;D

Current IRB 7's Standings are:
1   New Zealand   180
2   South Africa   152
3   Fiji   144
4   England   134
5   Australia   116

There is no disputing All Blacks 15's power.... but they got lucky against So. Africa last night !
Cheers bro

MFB

We were lucky to beat the bok's  with arguably a second tier team due to some of our key players being unavailable due to injury. The Springbok defence was awesome though. Looking forward to the next test.

Rgds

Mark   
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton