I'm now a dealer for rod building components

Started by Jon Vadney, September 12, 2014, 07:58:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon Vadney

Hey guys.  I just wanted to let you all know that I am now a dealer for a wide variety of rod building components and blanks.  Let me tell you a little bit about my website so you know what's going on before you visit it.  I want my website to be an online representation of a brick and mortar store.  What I have on the site that is available for purchase, is available and waiting to be shipped out.  If it's not available for purchase, it will be because of 1 of 2 reasons: I'm sold out, or I haven't found procurement for those products yet (ie: fuji, I'm still waiting on my PO to be filled and I won't make them available for sale until I know that they are on a truck heading to my front door).  Additionally, hypolon has been amazingly difficult to source at the moment.  They had a huge recall and it is hitting everyone.  Even some of the major west-coast rod manufacturers are having issues finding it right now for their production rods. 

If you want a product that is not listed on the site, but you see the manufacturer listed, just email me ( CATacklehouse@gmail.com ) or PM me here and I can get it for you (ie: you want a Phenix UMBX model that I don't have listed, but I am a Phenix dealer, contact me and I can get one shipped out to you). 

Here's the link to my website:  www.californiatacklehouse.com

Doing this as my full time job has been a life-long dream of mine.  I have years of experience working in a tackle shops, but running my own business dealing with a community I love....well.... none of it has felt like work.  Thank you all for reading this and I hope that I can be of service to you in the future. 

Marcq

Great site for shopping, prices are good too

How about shipping cost?

Marc..

Jon Vadney

I tried to make the shipping costs as reasonable as possible.  You can add stuff to your cart and then go through the checkout process and it will give you the shipping cost based on what you ordered and where you are.

F-Minus

Whoa! Great selection, I wish I had seen this a week ago!  :-[

Bryan Young

That's great Jon.  Now I have a supplier that I can walk to :)

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jon Vadney

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 18, 2014, 11:57:50 PM
That's great Jon.  Now I have a supplier that I can walk to :)

Damn right!  I have 200 blanks at my house from rainshadow, phenix, UC, seeker and I'm waiting on my calstars.  Come by any time you want if you want to check some of them out!

Bryan Young

My first thing to do is wrap up my NOS G-Loomis blanks.  I will be in need of guides and want to try acid wraps.

I also need to glue up hypolon grips to make different designs.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Jon Vadney

Quote from: Bryan Young on September 19, 2014, 03:24:15 PM
My first thing to do is wrap up my NOS G-Loomis blanks.  I will be in need of guides and want to try acid wraps.

I also need to glue up hypolon grips to make different designs.

I'm not sure how well the gluing of the hypolon will work out since it is pretty porous material.  Usually when doing grip inlays, EVA is used and bonds better.   Also, when you decide to put your grips on, I'll show you a method that will make your head spin.  I can assemble a full handle assembly on a saltwater rod in about 12 minutes, and that includes cleanup.