‘Ula Weo – A Hawaiian Style Custom 4/0 Reel

Started by Bryan Young, September 17, 2014, 07:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan Young

Check out this reel from Bruddah Bill.  http://bb.ifishhawaii.com/archives/464

I saw the incomplete reel and it was awesome.  I believe that the reel is 1/4" or 1/2" wider than the 113HLW made specifically for Hawaiian Style casting (but the reel looks too beautiful for fishing).

The reel can be seen at Ewa Beach Buy & Sell.   See Bruddah Bill.

Good gob Bill.

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

That is a beauty!
You should see BB's secret stash, a true penn classic connoisseur.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

That is a wow real.  I don't think anyone from this site can open that link without saying wow.  :o Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

El Pescador

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Lensters

Lensters is also known as Len and will respond when addressed as either.

Disclaimer: My opinions, are mine and mine alone.  They should not be ascribed to Alan, moderators or anyone else on this site.  However, should you wish to, you may adopt them as your own.

Bruddah Bill

Thanks for sharing that post Bryan!

I wanted to let you guys know I just got in a new batch of the Hawaiian Wide Kits this week.

They're $225 Tax Included, add $5 for USPS Priority Insured Shipping to anywhere in the US. 

I just posted some pics, specs and how the kits stack-up in spool width and arbor size against Penn's stock kits and a Newell Broadbill kit.

http://bb.ifishhawaii.com/archives/536
Owner & Manager
Ewa Beach Buy & Sell
HiFishGear.com

David Hall

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on September 17, 2014, 10:59:44 PM
That is a wow real.  I don't think anyone from this site can open that link without saying wow.  :o Dominick

Eeeeeeeeeek!  ;)

It's majorly stunning, but I'd need a seven-inch thumb to lay the line properly on retrieve.  :-\

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

mikeg24thst

Will these work with accuplates or jvariance plates I'm seeing that they are the newer style frames that can only be used with penn plates

Shark Hunter

I know those are some Nice kits! Very tempting. The only Dilemma I'm having is either one of these or another WEX. Its about the same money. Decisions, Decisions of a pennatic! ;D
Life is Good!

mikeg24thst

Bruddah Bill

There were some 114 frames made recently that were the equivalent of the Newell Black Marlin kits, but unfortunately they're no longer being made.  My Hawaiian Wide kits have been fit to a few Accuplates including the project reel shown in the link above.  The plates fit inside the lip of the kits as long as they're not warped, however this does leave a very small gap (<1mm) that will need to be compensated for by use of a shim on the clicker-side plate.
Owner & Manager
Ewa Beach Buy & Sell
HiFishGear.com

Ron Jones

I've seen his Jigmaster collection a couple of times, I can't help but salivate.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"