Future banning of fishing lead and metals in California?

Started by Bill Karr, September 25, 2014, 09:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Karr

The Calif. Dept. of Toxic Substance Control (DTSC) has issued a "Workplan" for consideration of identfying toxic substances used in various industries. One of the items to be considered is the lead and metals used in fishing. Needless to say, with all our crazy neighbors there's no telling where this might go. Public comment is invited-I've added mine (as civil as possible) and I invite all of you to do the same. It's never to early to head off something like this.
http://www.dtsc.ca.gov/SCP/PPWP.cfm
I doubt the link works but that's the address. Once there click on "Download Work Plan"
Hope this is appropriate
Bill
Bill

Rancanfish

Yeah, I got an email from a political fishing organization 5:00pm the day before advising of a hearing/meeting the next morning.

I fired off an email asking if they really expected live participation in Sacramento with very little prior notice. No response.
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

TomT

About 10 years ago I ordered some fishing stuff from Bass Pro.  They advised me that they could not fill part of the order.  The parts in question were lead weights.  They said they were not allowed to ship them into CA.  I called and talked to a BP Rep and advised him that I could go into any sporting goods store in CA and buy lead weights.  He said maybe so, but as a company they were not allowed to ship lead into CA.  So I just purchased locally.  Odd that this many years later, we are still visiting the same issue.
TomT