Cast your vote: PENN 113H 4/0 double dog bridge (Kind of)

Started by Black Pearl, October 01, 2014, 03:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which version will you puy for this bridge?

Both dogs on the bridge for $29.99
One dog on the bridge for $26.99

Black Pearl

Hi guys,

As you some might know that my resource has been working on the double dog bridge (stainless steel). Before I show the bridge drawing, I would like to get some answers from you guys. Please note that this double dog bridge will not require any modification on the right side plate.

1.) The existing dog (original) will keep on the right side plate.

2.) the second dog (new) will be installed on the bridge.

I would like to know if this design is acceptable. If there are any comments, please post it here.

Couple set samples will be made next week, and Sal will be testing them accordingly.

Thanks,
--Alan C.

Those are pre-order pricing for Alan Tani's site members only. Shipping is included for US members.

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

sundaytrucka

How do you feel the assembly of the bridge would be, with one dog on the bridge, and one in the plate? The spring for the plate dog is generally installed with the plate in place and slightly cocked to the side to pinch the spring into place for the plate dog. Will the movement of the bridge when installing the spring on the dog in the plate affect the dog/spring assembly on the bridge...Maybe knock it loose?

Will you be selling SS bridges with no dog attachment, for those with double dogs already modded into the side plates?

Thanks, Scott.
I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

Doug

Alan  Sounds good to me as long as assembly doesn't get too difficult Doug

Black Pearl

Quote from: sundaytrucka on October 01, 2014, 03:49:00 PM
How do you feel the assembly of the bridge would be, with one dog on the bridge, and one in the plate? The spring for the plate dog is generally installed with the plate in place and slightly cocked to the side to pinch the spring into place for the plate dog. Will the movement of the bridge when installing the spring on the dog in the plate affect the dog/spring assembly on the bridge...Maybe knock it loose?

Will you be selling SS bridges with no dog attachment, for those with double dogs already modded into the side plates?

Thanks, Scott.

We don't think it will knock the spring off at all, but I know that Sal will make sure it installs correctly when he is testing it. He will also testing the same bridge with out the new dog install with a double dogs already modded into the side plate. We don't foresee any issue at all.

I would post the picture of the drawing, but I think it is better to wait. There are a lot of people watching on this site. ;)

BMITCH

Sounds good to me Alan. Put me down for a couple ;D
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

It would be nice if the double dogs would be installed on the bridge already though.   ;D  And I know how much Sal loves his syncronous dogs, but I personally don't believe that you will need that kind of strength and alternating dogs will be even better.  I have NEVER seen a single brass dog fail.  Stainless would be better to ensure this.  To break a dog that is less than 1/2", the forces would be so great that something else would fail before even the brass dog.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

RUSTY OLD COLT

I THINK A DROP IN SET-UP WOULD BE GREAT,KEEP IT ON THE BRIDGE IF IT MAKES AN EASIER INSTALLATION

BMITCH

Quote from: Bryan Young on October 01, 2014, 04:15:47 PM
It would be nice if the double dogs would be installed on the bridge already though.   ;D  And I know how much Sal loves his syncronous dogs, but I personally don't believe that you will need that kind of strength and alternating dogs will be even better.  I have NEVER seen a single brass dog fail.  Stainless would be better to ensure this.  To break a dog that is less than 1/2", the forces would be so great that something else would fail before even the brass dog.

x2
luck is the residue of design.

Lensters

x3

Something like the one you make for the Jigmasters would be perfect.
Lensters is also known as Len and will respond when addressed as either.

Disclaimer: My opinions, are mine and mine alone.  They should not be ascribed to Alan, moderators or anyone else on this site.  However, should you wish to, you may adopt them as your own.

Alto Mare

Our 4/0's are not as the stock 4/0's, ours get much more drags.
I'm going to recommend that we keep the dogs engaging at the same time, you could always shave a little off yours.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

broschro

I saw a Baja's dogs get shredded by a 50# Aj so it can happen

Black Pearl

Please vote on which version you would like to see.

Ron Jones

Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"