113h post screw size

Started by Jerseymic, October 10, 2014, 10:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jerseymic

Hi Guys,

I remember seeing it posted somewhere before, but for the life of me just can't find it.

The post screw size for the 113h is 5-40 I believe, but what is the designation after the 5-40 i.e. A/F

Thanks,

Mike.

handi2

There is really no designation after the 5-40. To get the screws to fit without modifying you have to get them from Scott's. MysticParts.com

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Marlinmate

5-40 refers to the diamter/thread size
FISHING IS THE SPORT OF DROWNING WORMS

Jerseymic

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your replies, having seen designations after some bolts here and there, and not being conversant with metalwork I wasn't sure.

Thanks again,

Mike.

Irish Jigger

Mike, they are 5/40 un which is 1/8" dia x 40tpi (threads per inch.)
I can give you a link to a UK company which supplies 1/8" whitworth (40 tpi) in stainless steel at a fraction of Penn's prices.
I have used them for some time and they do the job very well.

Jerseymic

Quote from: Irish Jigger on October 11, 2014, 10:22:52 AM
Mike, they are 5/40 un which is 1/8" dia x 40tpi (threads per inch.)
I can give you a link to a UK company which supplies 1/8" whitworth (40 tpi) in stainless steel at a fraction of Penn's prices.
I have used them for some time and they do the job very well.

Thanks for that Tom, the link would be great.

You can gather that I am a carpenter and not an engineer!!

Best wishes,

Mike.

Irish Jigger

Look for the "Raised Countersunk" in 1/8"-40 BSW. (ie 40threads per inch) Penns are 5 fortieths of an inch in diameter (1/8")
The slight difference in thread form will make no difference to this application.
I can let you have a couple of samples to try if you PM me your address. Link herewith.
http://www.stainlessautomotivefastenings.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=117_62

johnachak

I thought you said that supplier was cheaper than Penn. Our Penn supplier gets $0.55 & 0.60 ea. And that UK place gets over a euro each. A euro is like $1.25. Am I missing something?

Irish Jigger

Thank's for that John, wrong supplier, much better supplier here.

http://www.a2stainless.co.uk/aboutus.aspx

Their raised csk head screws you need Mike are in 1" and 3/4" and only £2.70/20 ie 13P each as opposed to 31P each from Penn (Pure Fishing) in the UK.

I can let you have some samples to try if you wish.

Jerseymic

Quote from: Irish Jigger on October 12, 2014, 05:34:51 AM
Thank's for that John, wrong supplier, much better supplier here.

http://www.a2stainless.co.uk/aboutus.aspx

Their raised csk head screws you need Mike are in 1" and 3/4" and only £2.70/20 ie 13P each as opposed to 31P each from Penn (Pure Fishing) in the UK.

I can let you have some samples to try if you wish.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the link and thank you for the offer of some samples, but if you say they are ok I will just go ahead and order some.

Just for reference, do these fit any other Penn conventionals.

Best wishes,

Mike.

Irish Jigger

These raised csk head screws should fit the  99,112H,113h,349,Squidders and Jigmasters.
I'm sure there are many more.
For Fillister heads you will have to continue with Penn UK or McMaster Carr in the US.
I was very fortunate in having a good Penn buddy on here send me a couple of boxes in s/steel which should last me a lifetime,thank's Sal ;D ;D

Jerseymic

Quote from: Irish Jigger on October 12, 2014, 10:26:04 AM
These raised csk head screws should fit the  99,112H,113h,349,Squidders and Jigmasters.
I'm sure there are many more.
For Fillister heads you will have to continue with Penn UK or McMaster Carr in the US.
I was very fortunate in having a good Penn buddy on here send me a couple of boxes in s/steel which should last me a lifetime,thank's Sal ;D ;D

Thats good, I can use them on my Jigmaster as well.

Mike.

mikeg24thst

I have some send me your address and I'll mail them out I have different sizes in length

trond_solem

I found these on e-bay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/25-PIECES-5-40-X-1-4-THRU-1-STAINLESS-FLAT-SOCKET-HEAD-CAP-SCREW-BOLT-/301344622726?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item46298a0886

Over here metric screws are the norm. Finding 5-40 screws in any shop isn't going to happen, so buying on the net is he way to go.

I think these countrsunk screws would look nice on a reel.